Longbow Eco help

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
I recently bought a Longbow eco with a clicky tailcap. The tailcap is HUGE, around 1.5 inches. From the build on the longbow eco, it seems like it is the same diameter of a cr123. I can fit my r123s down there (but i didnt turn it on, i didnt want to fry it.) I was wondering if anyone who had a longbow eco, and other 123 lights, could try other tailcaps on it. I was wondering if the Alphe tailcap would fit on it. Please, let me know if there are any clicky tailcaps that would fit on the longbow while still allowing it to be waterproof exsist (that are shorter than the current one.)

Also, I was looking into the McCapsule. The "body" for it is around $25. From my understanding, I would just have to get either a MM or BB to put in it? What is the approximate cost to make one myself versus buying the McCapsule (around $90.)

Thanks to anyone who can help me here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tkgear

Newly Enlightened
Hi Polar

About changing the tailcap: I wouldn't recommend changing the tailcap if you stil want waterproofness.

LongBow's have dual O-rings on their tailcap ends. If the replacment tailcap doesn't squeeze both rings properly, I would think integrity would be compromised.

chrisse242

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Polar_Hops said:
Also, I was looking into the McCapsule. The "body" for it is around $25. From my understanding, I would just have to get either a MM or BB to put in it? What is the approximate cost to make one myself versus buying the McCapsule (around $90.)

Thanks to anyone who can help me here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well of course you will also need a luxeon. Also, some arctic alumina epoxy if you can't get that where you live.
You can get all the parts in the sandwich shoppe, but might want to check the B/S/T and groupbuy forums for decent lux3's. I have a TXOH in my micra with a wiz2 and that's great. Don't forget the so17xa/UCL-mod if you don't already have that.

Chrisse