$50 budget light

DavidAnderson

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, im on a budget for a light, At most, $60 shipped, I already have a huge stock of cr123 (i think cr123a are the same). I have as of now, a Brinkmann legend light, its very bright for what I use it for, but the button on the back isnt very durable and the lense is warping from heat. So I have a limit to spend on a new light, and wondering what are my best options if any for a new light. I need a GOOD output for at the most of 30feet, after that, i dont care. Ill keep checking the site for everyones opinions. thanks in advance.

DavidAnderson

Newly Enlightened
i dont want to sound stupid here, but im not sure what these lights are or where to buy. Also, size IS a factor, 6inches should be about the most I want to carry in my back pocket. Can we post websites for this. Thank you

Also, wouldnt a sponsor of the site be a good place to purchase from?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nuwai QIII is a a very small 3W luxeon light that runs off 1 CR123 battery. Its reviews are pretty good ( here and here - you'll have to look around a little at ledmuseum) and owners seem to like them.

Best price seems to be from CPF member viki who sells them for $48 each shipped, $80 for 2 here.

Have fun...

jbev

Newly Enlightened
The Surefire G2 might be worth considering, but it might be too large for your back pocket. Otherwise, another vote here for the Nuwai QIII, it's hard to find faults in it for what it costs.

Niteowl

Enlightened
Check out the Streamlight 2L LED . It's $60 at Brightguy, a few $ over your limit, but very nice. 1w Luxeon, 5" long, claimed 4hr. runtime. The only knock I have is the "tactical style" switch. Not click on, click off, it's momentary contact with twist on.Some prefer it. I could probably live with the switch for the other features. Hmmm...I want one....

Here it is for $52.19 , but the shipping is $8.95, puts you $1.14 over. I've dealt with these people, and they're reliable. Many pay the extra couple dollars to buy from a CPF advertiser(Brightguy).

Mark

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know. For about $50, you could modify a Mag light. For the price, you can't beat the output.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go for the Streamlight Twin-Task 2L. Has incandescent for throw and leds for low light situations. Length is under 5.5 inches

RickDennis

Newly Enlightened
I like the SureFire 6p. Great light at 5.1" and rugged too. Send Chris at Meridian Tactical an email and he'll give you pricing. I think you'll find this light within your budget. You won't be disappointed either.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pelican M6 LED ($45)
Surefire 6P ($56)
Surefire G2 ($34)
Pelican M6 Incandescent ($48)

Elektrolumens XM3 ($39 / $49)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
As does mine. The reason why I'm picking the 6P over many of the excellent recommendations (Streamlight Jr Lux, Pelican and others) is the modularity of the Surefire system. The C-series family (of which the 6P was one of the earliest members) has a huge array of expansion options. Straight out of the gate you have the P60 and the P61 (double the light, 20 minutes run), KL3 LED head for extended run (5+ hours, then many more of useable light though not at full power), and KL5 LED for extreme LED power. You may choose a 'clickie' switch to go with it too.

Add an A19 cell extender adapter to give it 3 cells and you are ready to step up to some serious output. The P90 (my personal favorite) gives you 105 lumens of incan light and truly shines outdoors. The P91 will step up to 200 lumens. You can then add a SRTH or KT-series Turbohead for even longer range with tighter focus.

Or you could go for the rechargeable options if you want to be easy on the wallet - the official Surefire kit or Project C2-90 (can be used in a 6P, no problems - see link in signature).

I would *NOT* recommend buying the 6P if you are worried about this addiction spiralling out of control and causing you to spend ridiculous amounts of money on the upgrade kits/accessories/add ons/conversions.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But then again, you've already made it to CPF, so the madness has already begun. Welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BigGuy

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty new here as well, but have recently purchased several lights and made a couple of mods. For the money, I like the Nuwai Q-III.