Flickering Longbow Micra

Streak

Enlightened
The Micra seems to have a Kroll switch much the same as the original ARC LS just with a different rubber boot.
As you turn on the unit or fiddle with the pushbutton while it is one the light flickers somewhat. In fact I dont believe that I am getting full brightness out of the light.

I am pretty sure the problem is continuity in the switch. I see that the switch has a couple of springs, a washer and other bits and pieces. Where can I tweak to improve continuity and maximum voltage to the LS?

TIA

Streak

Skyline

Enlightened
The link Connor provided is quite good. You can get your Kroll functioning normally for a while by following the procedures given.

In addition, while you have the Kroll apart, you can hook the end of the core spring around the main spring to ensure that has a strong contact. I've also used DeOxIt on my Krolls, but that hasn't really helped all that much.

You can also pick up a few spare Krolls at the Sandwich Shoppe.

In the end though, the flaky Kroll is what made me get the twisties for my two Micras. I have one of the clickie switches as well, but it's brand new in box. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif