Where do you get a Surefire cell extender?

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
You can get an A19 which is a Surefire part that extends the 3P, 6P, 9P, C2, C3, M2, G2, G2Z by one cell.

It only comes in HAII-BK I beleive. There are aftermarket adaptors for the E2/E2e and E1/E1e series.

The SF AN14-xx converts the G2/G2z to accept the B65 rechargeable battery. It will also work for the 6P, C2, and M2 but they are Nitrolon and only come in BK, YL, OD, thus may look dorky on those lights.

I've seen Al mix and match heads, extenders, etc on HAII, HAIII and Nitrolon. Looks....interesting... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Try the B/S/T forum. I have a couple of A19s and one E series extender and it works well. It's like having 2 lights in one. The E2C adaptor is usefull also. Uses the E2/E2e/E1/E1e body and upsized to fit a bezel for the C/P series. You can use the E2e/E2c with P6o/61, E2e+ 123 extender + E2c with the P90/P91....

AAARRRRRGGGHHH SOOOO many options...

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
The single CR123A cell extender is the A19, and it only fits the C-series lights (6P/C2/C3/M2/D2/D3/Z2/Z3). You have to take extra care to ensure your lamps can handle the additional voltage, if not, the usual happens (they fry).

Try the B/S/T section or if all else fails, send a PM to 'jcciv'. He'll take care of you.

My 6P wearing the A19 and P9x lamp:
6p-a19.jpg

Flashdark

Enlightened
Specop 007,

Meridiantactical.com is the Web site. The A-19 will srew onto the back of any 1" body to extend the light one more cell - i.e.
C2 to C3/P91
M2 to M3/P91
6P to 9P/P91
Z2 to Z3/P91
M3 to M4T/MN61
G2 to G3/P91 ???

Comes in black only - probably a good idea to let the color-code WARN you to change the bulb.

Hope this helps.

Specop_007

Newly Enlightened
Man, this is all to confusing for me.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Guess I gotta start somewhere right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
SpecOp: Let us know what you're trying to achieve, maybe we can recommend something specific.

HistoryChannel: Yup, that's the GM. I can probably find you a better picture than that one if you want.. try this one.

Specop_007

Newly Enlightened
What am i trying to achieve... Well, i dont rightly know myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I really want to buy 1 light to meet a multitude of situations as is needed by being able to change it out. Think of a Lego set of lights.
I want a small, compact BRIGHT with good spill light to EDC. I also need it to be weapons grade (Withstand recoil). I'd like to be able to have that same light bump up to a "spot light" for around the farm lookin for critters that dont belong (skunks, coyotes etc). Doesnt need to be a full on spot light, but the ability to reach out and see is important. Its a Nebraska farm, so theres land as far as you can see. I also would like a tactical light for those "What went bump?" situations.
I already bought (Reserved, payment going out tomorrow) a M2 due to the size and weapons mount usable. I'd like to be able to get a bit more show n go out of it for handheld night critter finding as well.

Now, all this is under the assumption the stock M2 wont cut it somehow. I have never used anything but Mag Lites, so I really have no idea what to expect. But, I like the looks of the M2 for an EDC light due to size, but the ability to reach out to 150, maybe 200 yards to see would be great too.
Lastly, I'd like some decent battery life out of it. 20 minutes is fine for the what went bump and quick run around the farm situations, but I also like to camp and fish so a low powered longer life light is nice too.

I realize its near impossible to get a 1 light fits all situation, hence me looking for modularity. If I could use the M2 body for EDC, then either a lower powered bulb OR battery extender for longer runtime when out fishin, then a higher powered bulb for tactical use and a turbo head for those long range spotting situations, I'd be about set.

M2 + battery or low powered head (Like an MN02) for fishing
M2 standard for EDC
M2 + high powered head for tactical "What went bump"
M2 + long throw head for "Whats that WAY down by the grain bins?"

Naturally, if the battery extender would work in all applications to increase battery life all the better.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to demonstrate I do have a variety of requirements and if possible would like to be able to at least adequately meet all of them with a modular system light.

I forgot to add, the reason I have so many requirements is I live in Kansas City but also go back home quite often to the butt end of Nebraska. Thats why I need a good light for tactical "what went bump" applications in a city with lots of ambient light, but I'd also like a super bright cut the pitch black light for when we're back home on the farm.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
A KL3 will give you about four hours on 2x123 and about 7 hours on 3x123.

A SRTH with 3x123 and a N2 lamp will give you the throw you want.

LPS Tactical also has the A19 cell extender you want and free shipping.

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
How about:

-E2e with MN02 for low 25 lumen longer runtime
-E2e + MN03 for higher output
-E2e + E2c + C2(for color matching) bezel/P61 for even higher 120lm
-E2e + E2c + 123 extender +C2 bezel/P90 for longer running 105 lumen
-E2e + 123 extender + E2c + C2 bezel/P91 Eye blistering 200 lm
-E2e + E2c + M2 for Shock Isolated "tough" bezel

For this setup you'll need:

1. E2e
2. E2c adaptor
3. E2e 123 cell extender
4. MN02
5. MN03
6. P60/P61
7. P90/P91
8. C2 bezel for color matching (or 6P, G2 bezel will work too)
9. M2 bezel for color matched SIS bezel

You can of course use the KT1/KT2 turbohead conversion if you really need a tight beam.

If you use the M2, I don't think there is a HA III cell extender so you'll have a Black extender on your M2. The above option will give you a compact color matched modular system.

Size15's

Flashaholic
What are you mounting the long range light onto?

First off, I strongly recommend a dedicated WeaponLight specifically for your weapon, and a handheld light.

The WeaponLight would appear to need to be a TurboHead model. Perhaps a LeopardLight (SureFire M4 on scope mounts, with a tape pressure switch) for a rifle with scope, or an M500B or M98 Series For a cabine or similar.

Here are two threads over at AR15.com
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=208763
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=208452

You situation does appear to me to require several different lights rather than one you can change about. At least, I'd carry the L2 as EDC and the M3 or M3T specifically for use out at night or when you know you're gonna need light.

Al

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
FYI.... Here and here the results of a project that was done last summer....converting a Pelican M6 to use a 400ma and a 700ma DownBoy LS converter and the M19 extenders to run the M6 at 6v, 9v, and 12v!

pm6-mod.jpg

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
MVC-607F.JPG

With this setup I can get 24 hours (Countless hours in moon mode), of full brightness on the KL1 head, or 2 hours on the P61 (105 lumen) LA. I can get 6 hours of runtime on the L4 head or the P60, or the MN03. The extra MN02 should run for about 9 hours.

Flashdark

Enlightened
Specop 007

I agree with Al (size15s). Use the L2 for EDC and get the M3 for everything else. That way you will have a primary body that can be configured for ANY purpose or power and also have a shock-resistent weapon light with many possible combinations.

Hope this helps.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, good thing I came across this. Wonder if it fits a brinkmann legend xl? Wonder if it would fit the cabelas xpg and allow me to add an extra cell that is low to 3 low cells to extend the run time and suck em dry?

Specop_007

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies guys!! Damn, you fellas know flashlights!
Already a member on Arfcom. The light would be used on a Bushmaster A3.

Flashdark

Enlightened
Specop 007,

You will definitely need the M3 to start with if you are mounting this on an A3. Go to Lagger-pro.com, Accessories, mounts, and order the M10 1" "HIGH!-mount" plus the M14 or M16 barrel mount. The M10 will be attatched to the flashlight (I leave mine on all the time) and can be quick-attatched to the M14/M16 in just a couple of seconds. The M14/M16 will be permanently attatched to the barrel of the A3 (I leave mine on all the time). It will not matter whether you get the M14 or M16 barrel mount. The M16 mount has a little less purchase area and is dimensionally made to attach inside the front site assembly. This is not critical in my opinion and the M14 works better for me attached just in front of the front site assembly about 1/32". The M10 high-mount has a knurled screw that will attach the flashlight to the barrel mount in just a couple of seconds. Put the whole thing in an SOEgear.com "M6"!! holster. This will carry any M3/L6/M3T combination with the M10 attached. It will not carry an M4T combination (or the M3T combination WITH A FILTER COVER). The holster comes in O.D. or black, has substantial side-flap protection, and a fastex buckle flap release, and a quick-release velcro belt-holder for up to 2 1/4" belts. Excellent holster. If you want to carry the M3T/A-19 combo (making an M4T), you will have to do some sewing. I don't know of any holster that will do this. BUT, the M3T combo will give you 175 yds. range and the "effective" range limit for bullet fragmentation for this caliber out of a 20" barrel is 175 yds. SO............

Hope this helps.

Size15's

Flashaholic
M4T? You mean there is an M4 with a different bezel than the standard M4's Millennium TurboHead?

What you are calling the M4T is just an M4 right?

Flashdark

Enlightened
Size15s,

Yes, The M4T is the standard Turbohead M4. I guess I was just trying to clarify. My bad.