Buying a new greenie...but which one

laserbokkie

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,
I've been a silence reader for a while now. Read quite a lot of posts here.
I have a 5mW green Laser from wickedlasers.com.
I succesfully modified that piece to a higher output...please don't ask how much it was.

First I removced the button and turned the potentiometer.
It worked fine until 3 days later when i tried to set it to the brioghtness it was while thge scredriver was in contact with the pot.

I kind of overturned it and.....u know.
After that it worked fine with a little scre screwed into the button hole. But the potentiometer only agreed to this treatment for about a week.

Now i stripped the laser and think it's better to get a new one. The diode workd fine...just contact probs with the potentimeter. If anyone has a detailed plan on building this electric circuit platine a little bit bigger, i would be more than just pleased.

anyway, a new one should get into my hands.

Does anyone know how much power i can get out of this leadlight laser by manipulating the pot?

I want to get a new one, am readyt to spend a lot of money on i.e. a 45mW piece.
But how much brighter is the 45mW compared to my modified leadlight?
How much do you actually get out of the leadlight by turning the poddy?

I just do not want to spend a lot of money, just to see that this one modified by me myself has the same output like an
more expensive laser.

If anybody could give me a clue.....I'll invite him for a beer at the beach here....but you would have to come to Israel for that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cheerz
bokkie

LASERforLIFE

Newly Enlightened
Well if you want to compare one of wicked's 45mW i guess you could go to his site and read the reviews from Moshen and The_Led_Museum..

laserbokkie

Newly Enlightened
Okay, but what about mine....is mine maybe at ~30mW?
Is that possible just through this pot tuirning and earthing?

Of course I can easily go and buy another one for almost 300 bucks.
But also I can spend all those monies just for finding out that I had the same b4, but much cheaper.

Your experience is what i'm asking for.
Couldn't be too much of an effort?

Thx for your reply anyway....beer?

Bernhard

Newly Enlightened
I don't think we can directly compare the power of green laser mod without using measurement device, using "green LED" method described somewhere in this forum, or at least seeing them side by side, since te power depend on crystal purity, laser diode efficiency, beam alignment etc...