surefire c2 problem, need help

clayton

Newly Enlightened
i hit my surefire on the street and it went out on me. so i went and got a new bulb for it and some new batteries too. when i put them in the light flashed and then nothing? can anyone give me any advise on how to look for other problems and maybee walk my through surgery for my c2?
thanks ahead of time for any help.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
clayton,

Welcome to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

My guess is the first lamp was damaged when you dropped it and the second was defective. Surefire lamps usually blow in the first 5 minutes or they last a long time. You might want to contact Surefire about your second lamp.

Did you try your original lamp with new batteries? Just incase it was the batteries.

I think you just need a new lamp. Did you clean the threads in the body, tailcap, & head?

Flashdark

Enlightened
clayton,

Been there, done that, proceeded as follows:

First: eliminate the bulb as the problem. Try more than one (from a flashlight that works).

Second: eliminate the batteries as the problem. Take batteries that are know to be good out of another flashlight and use these.

Third: exchange the tailcap for one that works on another flashlight. This was the problem for another CPFer a couple of days ago.

The probability that it is one of the above three problems.

Hope this helps.