Scout light?

GutWrench

Enlightened
Hey guys is the Scoutlight advertised in the 2004 $urefire catalog a myth like the U2? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
No, the ScoutLights have been released, Dealers have them and people have them.
Which model(s) are you interested in?

Personally, if I had an suitable weapon I'd try out an M66 (KL1 bezel) mounted on one side and an M67 (KL4 bezel) mounted on the other.

Here's the M651C and the M951C
al-scout.jpg

Al

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting that you mention the M66 (KL1) - the Scout Light is probably why Surefire made the new KL1 such a thrower. I believe it would come into its own at these ranges, the new KL1 disturbs people and animals far more effectively (you can tell I've been trying.. including myself) than the old one.

Should'a kept the old 3rd-gen NX05 one for those of us who EDC them though - the new TIR optic 4th-gen can be the M66, and the old one remains the KL1.

GutWrench

Enlightened
Where are you guys getting model numbers from? I dont see the scoutlights at all on the Surefire site and they just have a teaser in the catalog...

GutWrench

Enlightened
This is what $urefire had to say about the scoutlight...

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in SureFire products. Unfortunately, the Scout light is not out yet. As such, we do not have any information we can provide you with. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to write back or call us at 1-800-828-8809. We are dedicated to providing world-class customer service and welcome future inquiries or comments.
SureFire Technical Support
1-800-828-8809
714-545-9444
714-545-9537 (Fax)

double_r76

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
GutWrench said:
Is there a place where I can look at the differnt options? Do they all come with the E3d tail switch?

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum is probably one of the only places to see them (and AR15.com, but most of us post both places). It seems that right now they are only available with the E2D clickie tailcap, but the print catalog shows the yet-to-be-released tape switch option.

Al (Size15s) is the SureFire guru... who knows where he gets all of these parts numbers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif The only one I know is M651C because it is printed on the end of my box. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Randy

Edit: Brightflashlites is my friendly neighborhood SureFire weaponlights dealer. If you shoot him an e-mail, he can get you current availability and options on the ScoutLight.

Size15's

Flashaholic
So selected Dealers with interest in WeaponLights must have grabbed some ScoutLights left over from a "bulk" order made by a large customer or something.

Based on the dated info I have:

M65 - "E2e" Bezel.
M66 - "KL1" Bezel.
M67 - "KL4" Bezel.

M6x1 - Thumbscrew mount
M6x2 - Off-set mount

M6xxC - Clickie Switch (aka E2d switch on the units I've seen)
M6xxUExx - Tape Pressure Switch of xx inches cable length.

Check out what Shelby Chan as been up to!

Al

sgtlmj

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to ressurect this thread to see if anyone has updates on the Scout. (Note how the new poster did a search instead of posting a new, duplicate thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

I currently have a 6V Classic on my M4 carbine with a tape switch. I'm constantly looking for ways to shed weight, and the Scout light looks compelling. Especially with a LED head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

I would want a throw lever, KL4 head, and tape switch, if this combo is available. Also require a filter, so I can knock the light down if I need to. Currently, the red filter on my classic is almost totally obscured with tape to dim it down to the point where I can just navigate with it if I have to. Otherwise it's way too bright.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm not sure whether the ScoutLight Tape Switch option is available yet. I suggest you ask your Dealer and/or SureFire.

It should certainly be possible to get the combination you want (but may be not quite yet).

Al

sgtlmj

Newly Enlightened
My dealer gave me an item number of 651UE07, for what he has in stock. That would indicate that the tape switches are out there.

Think I'll hold out for a 672UE07 though. KL4 bezel, throw lever, 7" tape switch.

greenLED

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
...the new KL1 disturbs people and animals far more effectively ... than the old one.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it compare with the KL4?