Flashlights on Halloween

Lightedge

Newly Enlightened
OK. So what light did everyone bring with them while taking their kids out for Halloween? I brought my C2HA+Chop modded KL3 with Pila 168S. The mod is new and I had to get it out and stretch it's legs.

No other light in my neighborhood compared.

scrappy

Enlightened
I said the heck with it, SF M3T - what the hell. Let that baby shine on through the night, the other people walking, with their stock mags thought I was nuts..... Love that

Rich

notrefined

Enlightened
I found myself really wishing I had a Thor to turn on all the kids who didn't bother to dress up but were still asking for candy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

It was like three quarters of the kids in my neighborhood who didn't...the worst though are the ones who had to be nearing 20, and i got more than a few of those.

Larry1582

Enlightened
I carried the UltraStinger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I saw several stock mag-lites being carried. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 4 year old son grabbed his favorite light, his blue single-AA 5 LED Xnova, and I sent my wife out with the Gerber LX 3.0 in case she needed to crack any "bad pumpkin" heads. She declined using the Tri-Star Phaser. That would have been my light of choice. Or the Lambda ProMagnum. Or my single-AA MicroMag with a MadMax Lite.

I might have to go search for them with my light of choice...for the fun of it. The weather is great for searching tonight.

EDIT: It was easy to see my wife and son walking door to door doing the trick or treat routine. They were the ones with the white-beam flashlights.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
The wife carried the SL TT-2L; I carried my T3 and Q-III. Most of the time I used the T3, but ended up switching to the Q-III because of it's small size and weight.

I tell you, the T3 has an amazing amount of throw for an LED. It can't compete with streetlamps, but it sure did a good job illuminating the ground for us.

I didn't see any other decent flashlights, although someone was wearing what looked like a Petzl headlamp.

DanM

Newly Enlightened
It was a great night, one guy thought my Inova T3 was to small to be much good, (he had a 3 cell Mag) until I turned it on and cut through the night with bright white light. Then I had to blow him away with the M6 in my back pocket. Maybe he will not pick on smaller lights next time.

tracker870

Enlightened
What I used was my A2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
(What I also carried was my ARC-AAA, Inova X5T.)
My son used his UK 4AA eLED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Specop_007

Newly Enlightened
No flashlight.
Kinda ruins the whole experience of Halloween in my opinion. Kids did have glow sticks on them so i could easily find them though.

StuU

Enlightened
I carried my Surefire E2e as it hasn't had much action in a while. Got some compliments ie "That sure is a powerful light". Also my EDC ArcAAA for up close. My wife had her Photon II.

Most of the other people in our group had cheap 2-D incandescents. One person had a Princeton-Tech Impact-of which I wasn't very impressed.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I had my M3 with HOLA on pilas. Everybody else had cheap 2D lights and when I turned mine on they were like WOW. I enjoyed it.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had my TriStar Phazer...absolutely blew away any other flashlight I came across. Not to mention, everyone was impressed about how WHITE it was! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

HesNot

Enlightened
Like many I couldn't carry just one - Minimag with LuxIII Madmax was the main light but I pulled out the Strion a couple times when it was particularly dark. My son carried a 5led Xnova as well (kind gift from another CPFer) and at his age it was perfect. I had an Inova X1 as a lower light backup which really does throw for a 5mm led.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heck, I remember when my dad used to take me and one of my brothers out trick-or-treating,(over 25 years ago), he just grabbed "the flashlight" from the kitchen drawer. It was an Everady 2D model of some type. If it lit up reasonably well, we were good to go. He didn't have to use it much, though, thanks to street lights. He had it more for "just in case". I usually carried one of those chemical light sticks (a green one). Ah, the memories..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PhantomZ

Enlightened
i remember my uncles bringing me out on halloween when i was younger. now its my turn to bring out their brats...er... kids. i had green glow sticks on each of them (cause green is brighter and easier to see) and i carried my SF M6. didnt really get to use it though...

Latest posts