cheap tail stand solution for lights.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I don't have a picture of it but I wanted to drain a battery in a dorcy AAA led light by reflecting it on the ceiling but it won't stand on its tail. I pondered this and remembered the old snake lights by black and decker you could bend all over the place. I got in my wire box, pulled out a roll of 12 guage insulated wire (stiff house wire) cut off about a foot of it and bent it into a holder I could slip onto my light. You can also use it for making a hook to hang a light somewhere or even around a lamp stand. It could be very handy for camping and costs literally.... nothing.

Just thought perhaps someone could really use this simple idea.

Mrd 74

Enlightened
Good camping tip is to stand the light up in a roll of toilet paper,that way when nature calls you can easily find both at the same time.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good idea. Compared to mine (below) yours has the advantage of flexibility and being hung from anywhere convenient.

When you finish using the toilet roll, keep the cardboard roll. Optionally, cut it down one side, fit it snug around your light and tape it down. Alternatively, paper/duct tape works too as I first proposed as an improved flashlight stand for the BOB. Then again, I realize the BOB *SHOULD* have a roll of TP in it too, because after all BOBs are often used when SHTF...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the TP thing. I had a trek ccrane 19 led light with the aluminum body. I found it would lite up my room, if it could stand on its end. The roll of tp worked well.