Help me with my super light! (Was: Coleman Tent Light)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Well I went ahead and got one ($20.56 shipped) and it got here today...it's an interesting little light.

The light itself takes 4 AA batteries but it is only running off 2, it's wired like a Double Barrel flashlight. There's a spot for 2 more batteries which run the RC reciever. The switch is 3 position, on, off, and RC. When you switch it to RC a little red LED glows
grin.gif
and it will work with the provided key-less entry sized remote. Seems pretty cool! I'll post some pics later.

Plenty of room to do a LED mod so I think I picked the perfect light to do my first mod in. Only issue is getting the clear dome off but that shouldn't be TOO hard
wink.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Wow there IS a lot of extra room in this thing...all the pictures are here!

Coleman Pictures

Here are some teaser pics

floor.gif

arcbatt.gif

pcb.gif

More pictures??

Coleman Pictures

I am going to put in a small step up (I'll need help with this...thanks in advance
grin.gif
) circut...hopefully I can even get away with something regulated, and I am even going to try and sneak in a dimmer but we'll just have to see how things go.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ok I just won 4 white Nichias off eBay. They're 5MM R rank, so not quite as good as S rank I know but it's ok.

Now...how to wire it up. I searched around here and on the net to try and figure it out myself.

The batteries are...interesting. I think I want to leave them alone which means I only have 3V to work with. So what I need is a DC-DC step up...fully regulated would be nice, and then I want to add a pot--dimmer! Is this combination even possible? Fully regulated and then a pot/dimmer??

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Saaby you might try posting this in the Mods section you might get more answers I would help but don't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.