5mw leadlight

dorkins

Newly Enlightened
ok, just got my leadlight today
got the button off, and did the adjustment screw mod
i noticed when doing it, if i "short circuit" the screw with the body of the laser, the beam becomes much brighter than i can adjust it
is there any way to adjust it this bright? can i make some kind of permanent short circuit?

sorry if this has been asked, i cant read through all 8 pages of this thread

thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5727642343&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT
thats the light

DaFiend

Enlightened
Just do a search of the forum, something should come up. I know there's alot of pages to wade through, but there is a great deal of info buried in there as well. That and a couple of "heads up" on people to avoid. But i believe its a bit tricky to get solder to stick to the case. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Spec

Newly Enlightened
Yep, Thats a short circuit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Ive been able to measure about 750mA being driven to the diode by doing this. Thats rather impressive given the actual battery is only capable of dumping 1500mA. Basically it makes the metal of the case act as a psuedo-resistor from positive and the only "current limiting" is the battery itself.

The end result is the diode will die really quick and and all you are left with is a pretty expensive battery holder.

I think I read one time that the crystal set inside the pointer broke because of this.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask away.

-Spec