• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD 14500 Li-ion chargers, battery status, 4 home

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just put together another two more homebrew 14500 rechargeable Li-ion, home battery chargers with cell status indicators and they are for sale.

Each charger with LCD cell status display is enclosed in its original charger case. The electronics are fully enclosed with the exception of the two AA battery holders on the bottom. For safety I've mounted the AA-sized battery holders on the bottom of the charger. In the highly unlikely event the batteries should vent then they will do it downward and not into someone's face.

These are a smart chargers. Each charger recharges one or two cells at a time in a parallel circuit so both cells are charged the same full voltage. Each charger has an LCD cell indicator that tells if a cell is in the charger. The chargers also blink the cell charging status then shows a solid indicator to show when the charge is complete. After the cell is fully charged the chargers automatically switch to trickle mode to keep the cells topped off. The unit is fuse protected. Charging the cells couldn't be easier.

Take a look. There aren't many 14500 cell chargers for the home around.

Price is $27 plus shipping. The package is 18oz. and mailing in the U.S. is $4 priority shipping.

If you want a 14500 cell with 850mAh output and a soldered top it would cost an extra $8 each.

The first two "I'll take it!" on this thread with a follow up PM to me gets the 14500 Li-ion smart cell charger with LCD display.

14500_charger_to_cpf.jpg

bajaiman

Enlightened
Re: FS 2 14500 Li-ion chargers, battery status, 4 home

What can I use 14500 batteries for?...is it the same size as CR123?. Whats the voltage of the battery?.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

The rechargeable Li-ion 14500 cells are single-AA sized. 14500 cells are 14mm tall by 500mm long. They are 3.6-volt rechargeable cells. So you could make a light using half the number of cells or have a light with twice as many volts. I use the 14500 cells for a single-AA MicroMag light with electonics in it and it is brighter that the 2AA equivalent.

bajaiman

Enlightened

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I don't have plenty of AA operated lights.

rocketmaninphx

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS 2 14500 Li-ion chargers, battery status, 4

I'll take it for 1 charger and 4 14500 cells...

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

These look cool. Originally phone & spare battery charger right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Is the charger multi-voltage, ie.110-220/120-240V ?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rick258 and rocketmaninphx both will soon own a charger.

Flashlight...yes the chargers were both originally desktop cell phone chargers. For outside the US if you got a proper DC transformer that used your power supply and your transformer output power is 9-volts and 800mAh or more it would work where you are at.

I'm assembling a couple more chargers now.

G Pilot

Enlightened

I think mine should be here today... these are cool! Thanks Haveblue. Do you think I could run the original mini ma@g bulb on 1 14500?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
G Pilot said:
I think mine should be here today... these are cool! Thanks Haveblue. Do you think I could run the original mini ma@g bulb on 1 14500?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the original bulb will not stand more than a couple of minutes with the 14500 cell. There is one way to find out and appease my curiosity. I'll have to try it a bulb MiniMag bulb with a 14500.

NIGHTGUY

Newly Enlightened

haveblue,

Will you have more of these for sale in the future now that both set are spoken for?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, there are a couple more that I'm making now. They are on my bench and should be done in a day or two.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I tried a stock Mag bulb in a MicroMag with a 14500 cell. The bulb lasted 5 minutes then slowly faded away. The 14500 cell with 3.6-volt and mucho current is too much 'joy juice' for the little bulb.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
haveblue said:
I tried a stock Mag bulb in a MicroMag with a 14500 cell. The bulb lasted 5 minutes then slowly faded away. The 14500 cell with 3.6-volt and mucho current is too much 'joy juice' for the little bulb.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, i don't have a sandwhich yet.. but I've been using partially charged li-ions... (a 4.2v one will blow right away). It's so bright!
but I keep blowing them... I've blown about 5 bulbs already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
(from two minimini's)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
G Pilot said:
What about a Surefire E1 La?

[/ QUOTE ]

That light is too rich for my blood. Can anyone else answer the question?

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
haveblue said:
Rick258 and rocketmaninphx both will soon own a charger.

Flashlight...yes the chargers were both originally desktop cell phone chargers. For outside the US if you got a proper DC transformer that used your power supply and your transformer output power is 9-volts and 800mAh or more it would work where you are at.

I'm assembling a couple more chargers now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad they're not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
haveblue said:
[ QUOTE ]
G Pilot said:
What about a Surefire E1 La?

[/ QUOTE ]

That light is too rich for my blood. Can anyone else answer the question?

[/ QUOTE ]

JSB says 4.2V from lithium ion cells (his protected cells too) will pop an E1 MN01. I wouldn't be surprised, Surefire runs their lights as close to the edge as possible.

G Pilot

Enlightened

Is 4.2V what these 14500 are coming off the charger at?

Latest posts