revenge revisted

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok i wont go into detail this time dont want my thread closed.lets just say i have neebers who are not conserate and they have a noise maker thats keep me up i get no sleep to much any more,ive spoken to them it did no good .i did some other stuff all legal last week. or the week before. well no i got a big speaker installed it in a inocent looking 5 gallon bucket so it just looks like its a bucket in my year the speaker faces there window going to get to listen to my music at full tilt . i hate to be this way. but they have no repsect for others , i hate this neeberhood so bad.i treat others how they treat me . its so bad i have to turn my fan on high have tv on loud have pillow wraped around head with ear plugs in my ears to get sleep and i can still here the noise

6pOriginal

Enlightened
ahhh...I am having the exact same problem! I tried to be nice and reason with them at first, but that didn't work at all. Sometimes they play music so loud that it knocks the CDs that I am hanging on the wall off! (they have speakers on the other side of the wall right next to my desk) They have the habbit of leaving the room with the stereo on, repeating the same song for hours at a time. They have absolutly no respect of others, slamming on doors/closets at 3 in the morning...etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just open the door to my smoking room and turn off the filters. I have no idea why folks who like music must listen to it at volumes that loud. I use headphones, silly me.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
My neighbours are similar. Sometimes their own kid yells at them to turn it off, but they never do. Noise all the time. Dog whining and barking all night. Twice now they have parked their car right in front of my garage so that there's no way I can get the car in/out. And they have their own flaming car park that they don't use! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Next time ...

Sorry, I needed to vent, but I feel your pain guys. It really sucks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie,

Stick a microphone close to where the dog barks and pipe that to the speaker you have aimed at them. Now, when their dog barks, THEY get to hear it, only turned up and loud.

Or get some really tough, really huge chew toys and see if it can bark with it's mouth full. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6pOriginal

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cobb said:
I have no idea why folks who like music must listen to it at volumes that loud. I use headphones, silly me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! The worse is that they like to turn the bass way high, you can literally feel the vibration. I almost always (may be 90% of the time) use headphones too because:
1) What I think it's music may be noise for others.
2) Even if others think it's music, it may still be annoying for them.

Sometimes I feel like may be I am being too nice.

*edit*
While typing this, my lovely neighbor is doing the usual turn-the-volume-up-and-put-the-song-on-loop-then-leave-room thing again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, you must of pissed them off to have them put the song on loop. I find my neighbors do that type of behavior right before they leave, why I dont know. I just let them smell smoke, maybe that runs them out? At least where i live there are no regulations on smells.

You guys should record this behavior, I believe most areas have sound regulations and if you can prove its deliberate, you may be able to get civil damages. If it impares your ability to sleep, work and what not. I am not a lawyer, but I believe i have heard court cases of that nature.

jashhash

Enlightened
Yes I was just in court today (speeding ticket) and in the court room a man was fined $300 for having his music on too loud in his car. You know those cars I'm talking about, the ones where when you pull up to the stop light next to them, everything nearby seems to vibrate to thier deafening bass.

Yes you can take legal action against this kind of thing. It is considered disturbing the peace.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, maybe you've covered this in other posts, but have you ever tried contacting your local animal control officer? (I found out early, they don't like to be called dog catcher's). Case in point. Ten years ago I was working second shift and didn't get to bed until two or so in the morning. Well my neighbors would put their dog out first crack of light and it would bark incessantly as long as it was left outside and they did leave it out for the majority of the day. One morning, I called the animal control officer who must have called them because the lady brought the dog inside...for an hour or so. I ended up calling the animal control officer several times in the space of a few weeks. I also talked to another neighbor who said it pissed him off as well and he called the animal control officer. Bottom line is that within a few weeks, the neighbor gave the dog away to someone rather then have it removed. I was very gratified to see the system work for once.

Meanwhile keep us posted on how your speaker trick works.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw an electronic tool that can be set for specific distances from the offending dog noise and every time the dog barks it responds with a painfully high frequency response to the barks and ramps up till the dog won't make any noise even if it sits on a loaded bear trap. Its plus is it's beyond our hearing threshhold I saw the longest effective distance was 100 feet,which should handle next door mutts for you raggie. I will make a concerted effort to find it again and send you a link (if I can find it again)

UK Owl

Enlightened
Not that I would suggest you try it but there is always Infrasound.

i.e. a low frequency soundwave (can NOT be heared but will create a feeling of illness, and can even be very dangerous. Just think; what would happen if a person was to pump a signal like that through a high powered stereo with large bass speakers all day when they were out at work ?

Quotes from HERE say:

1 - 10 Cycles Per Second (Hz) - "Lethal infrasonic pitch lies in the 7 cycle range. Small amplitude increases affect human behavior in this range. Intellectual activity is first inhibited, blocked, and then destroyed. As the amplitude is increased, several disconcerting responses have been noted. These responses begin a complete neurological interference. The action of the medulla is physiologically blocked, its autonomic functions cease." (source; the Sonic Weapon of Vladimir Gavreau, by Gerry Vassilatos)

12 Cycles Per Second (Hz) - Walt Disney and his artists accidentally experienced infrasound on one occasion. A cartoon sound effect was slowed from 60 cycles per second to 12 cycles per second via a tape-editing machine and was amplified through the theater system. The resulting tone, though brief in duration, produced in the entire crowd nausea that lingered for several days.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to make it directional though. So it would only work while you're out. Are your neighbours home while you're out Raggie?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i dont wanna cause no harm i just want to agravate em lol.i also am thinking a useing one of them dog trainers its makes somekinda sound that dogs hate it works awesume on my dog lol all i have to do is pick it up and he behaves but he is pretty smart

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
There ususally noise laws and ordinances in place that protect neighborhoods from rowdy neighbors/ parties etc. Usually, incessant loud music/noises between 10 pm - 7 am are not allowed. Make notes/diary on when the neighbors are noisy, log the times and if possible record the noises. Try calling the local sheriff and explain what is going on.

We had a neighbor who kept on playing drums in the middle of the night and someone reported the drummer and the police came to 'explain' that he cant be playing drums in the middle of the night.

As for the person blocking the driveway, make sure you have a noticeable sign 'dont block the driveway at any time'. I've had vehicles towed especially when they are blocking my driveway and i couldn't get my car out.

It is really annoying when we have neighbors who are very inconsiderate and rude.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
wolfen i may make on of them my idea is to use my pc and record his bark then find a app that will turn on and play a wav when it heres the bark.and ill record some sound that makes him quit.they are like me got ripped off in the rent to own scam of are houses but they lol are dummer then me there trying to get bank loan on house. thease houses are not worth over 11,000 if that but that means they wont move ever i think she said she need 5 k down then finacne 47k

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wolfen, good job, that is the appliance I had seen but hadn't relocated yet. It sounds like the answer to raggies problems.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, I'll repeat myself. Have you ever tried contacting authorities of some kind, whether it be the police, animal control officer, etc? If you have posted that you have then I apoligize for asking the question. I just think it is a wiser first step then trying other more elaborate methods.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yep i called the police non 911 number i asked em but they say this is no law for it and i should try talking to the people whcih i did

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the next step is a lawyer. If ther eis any money to be made, they would gladly jump in. I would still try to tape record it, video it and make some notes of when it occurs, how long each time and maybe a way to compair it in your space where you head it.