Newbie orders more flashlights!

Freedom1955

Enlightened
Hello,

I just ordered a Streamlight 2L Led 3W Luxeon and a Princeton Tec Surge from BrightGuy. These two flashlights and the ones in my signature line are all that I own.
Do you guys think that is a pretty good starter collection for most needs?
They are for cars, camping, Hiking, Outside around the house, nightstand light to go along with my H&K P7M8...:).
Any thought's? Recommendations?

Thanks

MLong

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
You actually said the word "needs" which of course is not relevent to the discussion of what lights you "want" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif unless of course what you need is to feel that you have all the lights you want. That has yet to happen for most of us...

But seriously, I notice you don't have any little lights for just-in-case pocket carry, unless you didn't bother to list them. Since Arc AAA's are hard to get, do you need something little like a Dorcy or Peak 1AAA?

As I like a lot of spill in my small lights, if I were getting a Peak, I'd opt for a single LED version in high power or ultra-high power snow, as I don't think their recessed lights provide enough spill. The Dorcy 1AAA has excellent spill already and would be my recommendation.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like a good start to me, but just remember, your wallet will get a lot thinner hanging around here! I'd make sure you have a good keychain light on you at all times. Something like a Photon 1,2,3 or Freedom, or if you can find one, an Arc AAA, or maybe a Gerber/CMG Sonic. There are tons of choices out there. Remember the almost official slogan here on CPF, "Buy 'em both"! And by the way, welcome!!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
are you kidding?

that is one very nice light collection!

looks like you have all the bases covered.
(but we always want more, right?)

ps i shot a H&K USP .45, and it was a VERY nice handling pistol...and freakishly accurate. surprisingly low recoil.

Bob

capnal

Enlightened
Mlong,
sounds like you are getting a head start on a lot of us here by getting the SL 2L 3 watt. I really want one of those. Be sure and post back to let us know how you like it.

Oh, BTW, anytime you want to part with that P7, let me know, ok?

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
You do have a nice collection going.

For sure get a nice pocket/keychain light, lots of good choices out there. CMG/Gerber Infinity Ultra AA or Sonic AAA might be nice. Peak single led AAA is a decent options as well. For $20.00 you could get 20 little "photon" type lights with the slide switches from CountyComm.

For the Mag 2C maybe throw in a KPR112 bulb and 3 123's, brighter than stock and decent run time.

Maybe something in the StreamLight Twin Task series for a nice general light. They come in many different battery configurations so you can choose one that best suits your application. I have a TT 2L in my vehicles and house. 2L because the batteries can handle temperature extremes and last a long time if not used. The dual light source in one light is a nice option too. Xenon (less run time) when more light is required, led's (more run time) for when you don't need as much light. And, if the xenon bulb goes out, you still have the led's to give you some light. But everyone has different needs.

Battery Station has 123 batteries for about $1.00 each and SureFire has them for $1.25 each.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Infinity Ultra is nice. It is pretty cheap too.

By the way, the Inova X5 is worth every last buck!!! So is the G2

Freedom1955

Enlightened
Only my second post and I'm already embarrassed, I read everybody's responses and realize that I forgot that I have more lights than I remembered. I forgot about the 2 Photon 2's and the mini mag in my tool box. I'll have to update my signature lines.

Freedom1955

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
capnal said:
Mlong,
sounds like you are getting a head start on a lot of us here by getting the SL 2L 3 watt. I really want one of those. Be sure and post back to let us know how you like it.

Oh, BTW, anytime you want to part with that P7, let me know, ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll do that! I can't wait to get that light! Gotta love the high and low setting. And 3 hrs. of 80 lumen power is that possible with 2 123's?