Anyone ever mod an EternaLight?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just wondering, if anyone had ever modded an EternaLight. If one or two of the LED's was a luxeon, man that light would be in a whole different class.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
i had heard rumors at one point that mr etarnalight was going to build a luxeon using his amazing electronics...was to be called the "Punch".

make is tiny, 1x123 ot 2-aa, and i would buy one!!!

no, ive never modded one.

Bob

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only mod I remember reading about was someone who replaced the internal "night beacon" in the EliteMAX with a different color LED. I believe the night beacon in mine is blue, or it could just look that way because the case is translucent blue.

sotyakr

Enlightened
Supposedly the company is open to being bought out. Until that happens, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for something really new in the eternaLight line. Hope I'm wrong here, because I do like their lights.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
"Slightly Off-Thread" (but eternaLight releated)...the pager style light is certainly a unique concept and with pulse width modulation coupled with the other features programmed into it...I never understood why it isn't more popular!

Buy more, get your friends to buy some...maybe Tom Hoops won't sell the company and will continue development of the "Punch"!

I just bought a "few more" (incase they do get sold or forbid something worse!).