UK 2AAA incan impressions?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
The beams vary for each light perhaps it may be their production doesn't get the bulb in the reflector the same way each time, but it is usefully bright and the modules seem to never wear out. I have two of them and a friend of mine has two and we never had a xenon module blow in over 5 years for him and about 10 years for me, while I have been through 5 or 6 pelican mightylight modules and gave up on them.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Lynx as well. The beam artifacts I don't care for, but the brightness and size of the light is what makes it really nice. If you don't need throw, go with the eLed module, and it'll last forever! (Well, maybe not forever but...)

Ratso

Enlightened
My beam is alright. It is skewed slightly to one side, but otherwise it is fairly soft and smooth, and the light is nice and white for an incandescant. You can tweak the bulb a little by moving the bulb in the reflector. The flashlight itself is great. Very durable and compact. I often take this light backpacking and the hat clip is a useful feature for hands free operation.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I originally got both of my uke 2AAA incans from walmart for about $7 each. I wish they still sold them there but they quit years back, luckily I scoured all the stores and got one more before they stopped carrying them. I wish I had gotten a red one instead of black ones, I saw a place selling a green one I was looking at getting and putting an eled module in it.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't need that much throw, maybe you wanna get the eLed module for it, and put in 2 L92s (AAA Lithiums) instead? This way, it'll be a truly dedicated backup light which will allow for long storage and long runtime as well. And I think the best reaction one can have when you loan it out is "Do the batteries ever die on this light?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Yea the uke eled is pretty dim. I just tested it and with recently charged nimh I got current into the module of 20-23ma
with alkalines (new,generic) it is about 23-27ma. Not sure why it fluctuated, perhaps I wasn't making perfect connection.
Compare that to approxe 350-400ma I am guessing for the incan and 120-140 for the hard driven dorcy AAA. Somebody needs to figure out how to mod it with a severely underdriven luxeon perhaps at about 50-100ma depending on the heat, it would be a neater light then.