1D/4AA Maglite-Clone - how knows this flashlight?

remuen

Enlightened
During my vacation in Italy I bought a flashlight that almost looks like a 1D Maglite.

It's a very interesting thing as it can be used either with only one D cell or with four AA cells. An according battery case for four AA cells is integrated in the package. This flashlight offers plenty of room for any kind of modification as there also is more than enough room for a DC-DC converter in it. Just the right flashlight for the new 5W LS .....

With its black anodized aluminium housing it almost looks like a shortend 2D Maglite although it is not of the same quality and much cheaper. I wouldn't be surprised if it is manufactured somewhere in China ...

Does anyone know this thing? On the sales package is written BODALYLITE ALUMINIUM FLASHLIGHT and on the flashlight itself you'll find TWO SAILS WATERPROOF FLASHLIGHTS.

Does anybody know who the manufacturer is and where I could buy more of these flashlights? Google didn't give me the answer ...

Sorry, as I don't have a digital camera and no website I can't show you a pic of it

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Rene,

This sounds like a very interesting light. Any chance of contacting the place in Italy and asking them were they got it, or if they would sell you more? I'd take one if you could get more...

remuen

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:

Any chance of contacting the place in Italy and asking them were they got it, or if they would sell you more? I'd take one if you could get more...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi MrBulk

I bought this light in a tourist shop and unfortunatly it was the last one they had.

Asking them from where they have got it they told me they have purchased it from a 'driving dealer' one often finds in Italy (these dealers are buying all kind of stuff which other shops or distributors can't sell and are going to sell them to other shops). So I couldn't find out more and the chance to get more of these lights from the same shop is very very little ....

Btw, I hoped the Hawaiian Police would find out more about the source of this light
grin.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
The Dorcy Cool Blue LED aluminum light sounds like the same thing, except that it is blue. It contains an insert for holding 4 AA cells. Or, you can remove the insert and put one D cell in it.

remuen

Enlightened
Originally posted by Empath:
The Dorcy Cool Blue LED aluminum light sounds like the same thing, except that it is blue. It contains an insert for holding 4 AA cells. Or, you can remove the insert and put one D cell in it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Empath, thanks for this hint. Yes, your right, the Dorcy Cool Blue in aluminium really looks very similar but the form of the head does not look exactly the same:

41-2750.jpg

I also found this pictures from the 'Our best Aluminium' flashlight from Ledcorp on Dansdata website:

aluparts400.jpg

It also looks very very similar to the one I have but also seems not to be exyactly the same head.

confused.gif
confused.gif
Does anyone know where a flashaholic from Europe can buy such an aluminium flashlight at lowest prices and without having to pay something like $30 only for S+H ???? It must not be a LED version as I intend them to modify with a 1W LS and possibly also with the new 5W LS ....
confused.gif
confused.gif