Everled on 12 volts?

steve_vance

Enlightened
I know the product specs say "from 1 to 6 cells", meaning from 1.5 volts to 9 volts supply, but I just got a Pelican Nemo 8C, that would be 12V. Will I fry it? I'm asking because they advertise it as having "Lux-Drive" circuitry. On the Lux-Drive product page, they advertise an input voltage range of 1-32 volts. Or....does anyone know where to get (or how to make) "dummy batteries"?

Any help will be appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

L

LED Supply

Yes you will destroy your EverLED. Yes it does have LuxDrive technology in it, but that does not mean that it utilizes the same circuitry as the BuckPuck Driver, which has a 5-32V input. Is that where I think you got the 32V input spec from?

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
VeryOldseadog said:
May be it's possible to use NiMh batteries. 1.2 V * 8 = 9.6 V.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is that fresh off the charger they may
be 1.3V or maybe higher. Might let out the magic smoke
before you can run them down to 1.2V.

Greg

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
BatteryCharger said:
Agreed. For a dummy battery you could wrap a dead battery in foil, or use copper pipe, or use a peice of wood with a bolt down the center, or....

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably avoid wrapping "dead batteries' in foil to use as a dummy for two reasons. The battery may not be as dead as it looks and might heat up. It might also leak over time.

You can buy wooden dowels at most craft and hardware stores, even walmart.

Sorry to hear about the dead everled.

Daniel