The Energizer Press Release is WRONG?!

oldtimer

Enlightened
As some of you may recall, the previous press release for the latest Energizer 15 Minute Charger indicates that it has two parallel circuits.. however, according to..

http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/ch15mn.pdf

from the looks of it, it can charge 1-4 NON-SPECIFIC cells (unlike the Rayovac 15 Minute Charger).. or so we think.

However, comparing it with the data sheet for the 30 Minute Charger:
-Charge capacity in the specification differs by 250 in the 30 Minute one.. a possible indication that the 30 minute charge time is based on battery capacity and therefore the charger is not limited to one type of cell
-Charge capacity in the specification is the same in the 15 Minute one which suggests that the cells are specific to the charger
-The "Important Safety Instructions," states that "only Energizer NiMH" are to be charged. Now I've seen this "gimmick" on tons of Energizer products in the past but it seems that they're serious this time.

In my opinion, the charger and 4AAs justifies the cost of $29.99 even though the pricing on the specific cells has not been released. This look very promising guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

stringj

Newly Enlightened
From reading the PDF, it is parallel charging. If there were four independent charging circuits, they wouldn't need the statement "Do not charge batteries with different capacities."

Jerry

oldtimer

Enlightened
That just seems an indication of charging with specific Energizer branded cells. I mean, it does say 1-4. They contradict themselves all over so I don't know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif