Opinions on Inova T3?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see it for 54 smackers at Botach. Do you think they are as good as Surefires? I have the SF 6P and G2Z. I see that the Inova T3 is 85 lumens, but how is the beam compared to SFs'? Is it more of a flood or a nice blinding spot?

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
I have one. I like it a lot.

Is it as good as a SureFire? In terms of build quality, yes. In terms of the beam quality, no.

The T3 has a definite "blinding spot", as you put it. But the Inova TIROS lights (X0 series and T series) have very unique beams. The sidespill consists of a series of concentric rings. This is due to the TIROS optic. The sidespill is useful, but it is not a smooth corona.

Try Quickbeam's site for some photos. It's kinda hard to capture in a photograph, but it is quite evident in person.

davidra

Enlightened
Just got mine a few days ago. It outthrows my G2 with a nice white light, but the rings are very obvious and don't provide as much spill as the G2, and the spill that is there is due to the rings, so it's not exactly consistent. If you look at it on the wall, it looks really ugly, in fact, but in use it works really fine if you want throw in an LED, which was what I wanted. It's built like a tank, bigger than the G2/6P, but it will serve my purposes nicely.

stockae92

Enlightened
i thought about getting one, but the "useful-ness" of the side spill worries me

i had a X0 before so i know the side spill is there, but not so much useful to work as a walking light

i wonder how different T3 is from X0 since T3 has a bigger optic and a LuxIII? will T3 has a wider or tighter beam than X0?

McShawn

Enlightened
I like my T3, it is a great spot, but not much spill but enough to navigate at night. I took it with me and the kids on halloween, tricker-treating. I worked great we could see everything well and could shine the light way down the street.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
junior said:
Had an inova x5 for a day and did not like the clikie.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Was the X5 ever built with a clickie?

Moe

Newly Enlightened
Can't compare it to surefire, BUT for 54 $ the T3 is a steal!

I paid 79 Euros for mine. Almost impossible to find it any cheaper here in Germany. But nevertheless i think its a great great flashlight for the money. You have to be aware that it is a "throw"light. Almost no sidespill. I hardly use mine in the house, but outside its of great use!
I only notice the rings around the (perfectly round) hotspot when i shine it to a wall, and to be honest: i like the rings! Looks cool in my eyes, although i might be alone with this opinion.

For 54 $ and if you know what to expect, you will not be dissapointed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif