Mini Shake light for $8

STEVENT6

Enlightened
I saw one at a local JC Penny, for about $30-32 it may not have been the exact same one in your link. This was probably over six mounths ago. I took it out of the box & tested it I remember thinking it was bulky for the amount of light, of course this was a quick test in a well lit store, the beam wasn't good, it had a lot of circles in it. May be worthwhile as some kind of survival light.

STEVENT6

Enlightened
I saw one at a local JC Penny, for about $30-32 it may not have been the exact same one in your link. This was probably over six mounths ago. I took it out of the box & tested it I remember thinking it was bulky for the amount of light, of course this was a quick test in a well lit store, the beam wasn't good, it had a lot of circles in it. May be worthwhile as some kind of survival light.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
The drive current of those shakelights over the life of the *charge* you put in them probably resembles a half driven led, at that current you could buy a 4AA cheap 3.00 light and mod it with a resistor and one led driven at 15ma and it would probably run for so long you would not be shaking your light... but your head saying.... why bother with gimmick lights, just buy more batteries.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I remember that shaking the big light was a lot of hassle. The beam I remember on the big one was optics, so was a nice circle, pretty clean. But it was not very bright.

Any way, I posted in case someone was looking for these.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried one out at Jaycar Au, I was not very convinced,
short runtime aprox 5 minutes, dull white 5 mil led with a very blue tint. The larger version is a better light.

PhantomZ

Enlightened
i have one in my hand right now that my friend bought called the, Wonderlite. basicly looks just the same as that shake light. i've seen one at radioshack called, Forever Flashlight. same light/body, different brand. a AAA minimag is brighter then this thing. i dont like the blue tint it has and i dont like my flashlights being transparent around its head because when its turned on i find that the light glowing around the head ruins your vision a little bit. maybe i'm weird and its just me? anyways... this light would be good when the world runs out of batteries, but until then, my SF M6 will keep places well lit for me~