Rechargable cigarette lighter LED light

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive seen those in the sharper image catalog and else where. know nothing about them

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
This might be what you are looking for, a CCRANE RECHARGEABLE LIGHT.

emergency-led-flashlight.jpg

illmatic

Newly Enlightened
There was a thread before about that VW light. 39.99 for it is a better price than what the VW dealer wanted for it. I assume the light is 5mm LED...it would be pretty cool if it was a Luxeon though.

CNTSTPDRMN

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the CCrane link, that may be the way to go, haven't seen anything as small as the VW's light--- Now if I can find which factory makes it...hmmmm

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a regular one from radio shack that used a screw in bulb. I believe ever-ready made it. I had it plugged in my cig plug on my wheelchair and one day it got crushed. I had considered buying one to replace it, but assumed it was not tha tbright and not worth it.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:
[ QUOTE ]
haveblue said:
This might be what you are looking for, a CCRANE RECHARGEABLE LIGHT.

emergency-led-flashlight.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks pretty neat - does anybody have one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have one...I have TWO of them.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
bobisculous said:
haveblue -- That looks very interesting. Is it a decent light? I mean, what do you personally think of it. Do you just keep it in your glove box or something?

Cameron

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Dude - details!!!
Decent beam? Decent switch? Guesstimated runtime?
TIA

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is an OK light. Nothing special. After playing with Lux light you might be disappointed. It is all plastic and feels medium cheap but it would get the job done if all you were doing was reading a map or looking for the key to the car that you dropped on the floor. I suppose, in a pinch, you could use it to find a better flashlight in the trunk of your car. Yeah, you could probably use it to change a tire on a car. It is nice to keep in the glove box and it is nice that it charges in the car.

It has a fair amount of light coming out of it and I would expect it to last about 30 minutes. It doesn't have regulation circuits in it. The light has a single Nichia type emitter with a magnifier in front that puts out a bluish moon beam. The switch feels, what is a nice way to put it, ahhh, cheap.

If I wanted to doctor it up I would paint the insides so the light beam wouldn't shine THROUGH the plastic casing. I might add some BBs in it so it would feel like it had more weight.

The light does have enough room in it for modding. Can you say "Use a leftover Lux emitter?" It would have room in it.

The light is useable. It would be fun to mod.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
haveblue said:
It is an OK light. Nothing special....
The switch feels, what is a nice way to put it, ahhh, cheap....

...The light is useable. It would be fun to mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for not mincing words.