• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Darell still open for biz - this light *sold*

Darell

Flashaholic
** Darell is open for Aleph Business **

These lights are both sold.

*** Please note - the 5W has been sold, the Aleph2 Lux3 is still available. ***

Howdy folks. Now that I have a few lights built up, I figured I'd better try to sell them so I can afford more parts - and pay off all the assembly tools I've been amassing (!) Just to get things rolling, I have two units assembled and ready to ship. Yeah, you already know what they look like, but I just took a picture, so I'm gonna post it.

a-1_a-2.jpg

The little guy on the left is an Aleph2 1x123 Nexgen 917 (measures 916, so longer runtime! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif) with a great Lux3 T. 15 Ohm tailcap. Tab is optional, comes with a new SF 123 cell. Price: $195 + Nexgen upcharge of $12 = $207 delivered.

soldOn the right is an Aleph1 2x123 Badboy 750 Lux5. (The A-1 reflector for me works WAY better with a Lux5. Offeres a big, fat hotspot that throws great). 22 Ohm tailcap. The donut hole has been surgically eliminated, but I can put just a hint of it back in for optimal throw (that's how I usually run then, but I know most folks prefer no hole. Tab is optional, comes with two new FS 123 cells. Price: $195 + 2x123 tube upcharge of $4 = $199 delivered.*

*Though this has an expensive (ug! Trust me!) Lux5 installed, and the bin is "unknown but good" I'm waiving the $15 Lux5 upcharge because the emitter is not the HID white that folks have come to expect. The light is way bright, but on the warm side. If you like 'em warm, this is a great deal. If you like incandescents, then this is "cool white" and still might not be warm enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Avoid shining it at a while wall, and you'll be thrilled with the color. This may very well be my last Lux5 build.

I am offering these as "turnkey" lights, but can accept changes (switch resisitor level, etc). I can also build you what you want from scratch.

Why buy from me when there are other folks out there building these? I think the main reason would be aesthetic; I'm FAR better looking than any of these other guys! The choice is yours.

I dislike PM with a passion, but am thrilled with email.
To avoid confusion and frustration, please post your purchase interest here, and follow up with an email.

Last edited:

bajaiman

Enlightened
Re: Darell open for business - Aleph1 5W & Aleph2 3W

Uhmmmm...DB750/LuxV on 2x123???...shouldn't that be BB750/LuxV ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Re: Darell open for business - Aleph1 5W & Aleph2 3W

Grrr. That's afirmative. I like to put those little nuggets in there to make sure people are actually reading my posts. You win a $1 discount!

Flatscan

Enlightened
Re: Darell open for business - Aleph1 5W & Aleph2

I'll take the LuxV. Email incoming.

Edited to add:
Email sent.

Aww, I don't get a R-Vf LuxV? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I'm going to take offense.

I'm MUCH better looking!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Chop said:
I think I'm going to take offense.

I'm MUCH better looking!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Tony - since you obviously read the entire post as well, YOU also win a $1 discount!

Sorry folks, that's all the discounts I'm allowed to hand out.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

Darell,

Good to see your busy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/caution.gif I'm not looking for a discount, but how come you disklike PM? I dislike it, but I don't disklike it... whatever that means /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Beretta1526 said:
Darell,

Good to see your busy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/caution.gif I'm not looking for a discount, but how come you disklike PM? I dislike it, but I don't disklike it... whatever that means /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah... just that I have no control over it - can't see what I'm replying to, have to be on CPF to read it, can't organize them into the folders that make it handy... hey, I could go on and on... but suffice it to say that I have my PM function turned OFF!

** Oh man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif I *finally* figured out the typo. Duh. OK, $1 discount for you too. But that's IT!

sithjedi333

Enlightened

When I saw "Darell open for business" I got all excited. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

... then I realized he was talking about flashlights
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
sithjedi333 said:
When I saw "Darell open for business" I got all excited. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, at this point I have no honor. If it pays, I'll do it... whatever *it* might be. Should I start a poll?

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

Ya, I wasn't going to touch the suggestive title, ESPECIALLY being that Darell posted it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
I'm surprised nobody else has. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

*edit*
PS - free bump[/b]. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

I have a pitcher if anybody wants to see - free year-old calendar included... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, I want to WATCH!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Chop said:
Hey, I want to WATCH!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony - you're in LUCK! I just happen to have a shot of my favorite one!

watch_kl6.jpg

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Darell,

I'll bet you spent all morning thinking that one up.