HELP : Tree Planting Guide

Darkcobra

Enlightened
For the life of me, I can't find some type of tree planting guide on the internet? I'm hoping that someone here on CPF might happen to know of any publications that I can easily buy or a link on the internet regarding tree planting.

I've got a nice sized slope in my backyard that has pretty much been a pain to maintain. It now only has "wild grass"(weeds) to keep erosion minimal, but its really an eyesore. I'm looking to plant some trees that are very hearty(sp?-tough), survives well on a slope, in full sun, wind resistant, requires little to no water once established and would be nice if it were an evergreen. I live in Northern California where it never snows, gets into 3 digit temperatures.
What would type of trees should I be looking at?

Thanks!

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joel

You're in luck! The definitive guide for gardeners in California is the Western Garden Book from Sunset Magazine.

I've used it for years and swear by it. Local Home Depots have a sample copy for easy (and free) reference.

Everything that you every wanted to know is in that book. Amazon.com has used versions starting at $1.95!

Marty

Latest posts