Attn: Canadian Flasholics in the GTA area.

Azreal911

Enlightened
Vaughn Mills opened today and i was there and went to the Pro Bass shop. it's like a hugh barn in that area. and their flashlight section is very high end to me. according to what i usually see at malls and other outdoor shops.

what they had (that's worthwhile in my mind) and prices if i remember (in CDN dollar)

mag charger
SL Stinger
SL trident
SL keymate 14.99
SL Strion
SL Stylus
SF G2 44.50
SF E2 139.00
SF E1 105.00
SF filters and accessories.

Oh yeah and Surefire and Streamlight is selling their own brand of 2x123a's for 6.99 a pair. wow actually affordable by a brick and mortar standards! ok enough of my yakking just wanna update my fellow flashlight geeks north of the border here.all these lights are just on racks it's crazy! you just take it and throw it into your shopping bin. i was surprised cause it just seemed like such a lax security on such high end equipment.

BayMoe

Newly Enlightened
Wow, those are indeed good prices for the 123s. Thanks for the heads up.
How are the prices for all the other stores? Any sale or specials going on? Worth checking out?

Azreal911

Enlightened
I was happy to see that surefire and Streamlight is seeing a need for such batteries and pricing them accordingly for the market now! lower prices are bound to come with such mass market of this battery making it as common as the C or D cells. as for the prices of the other stores i just skimmed it and it's pretty much the same and some are outlet stores. first night at the indoor bowling alley had all free. food, drinks, billiards, bowling all free yesterday. awesome.

As for the outdoor store Yes there is a indoor archery range to test the bows before you buy, it's like a skinny long hallway. and a indoor golf simulator, shooting gallery (laser light guns) and a 50,000 gallon fish tank with canadian fish (looked like it to me) there's like an huge wall for bows, crossbows, guns and a boat section (sick!). oh yeah the flashlights i mentioned are in the camping section. This store alone is like easily 100,000 square foot! here i'll post some pics on what it looks like.

1) here's the pro bass shop the store is massive!

thestore.jpg

2) the fishtank in the store. also Massive!

fishtank.jpg

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Azreal911 said:
Surefire and Streamlight is selling their own brand of 2x123a's for 6.99 a pair. wow actually affordable by a brick and mortar standards!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess when us Canucks are used to getting raped dry an unsolicited reach around isnt expected and we tend to think we are getting a good deal. we are getting jammed huge on batteries. when you consider the SF site price and include exchange, shipping and duties we shouldn't be paying anymore than 2.25 a battery!! add taxes on that too and we should be a buck under the pre-tax price at Bass Pro. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It is a very nice store though I must say...I will going on my lunch hours on a regular basis.

Boltgun