What's up with Surefire?

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened
What\'s up with Surefire?

I needed a replacement for my A2 tailcap(had the old one)
& called Surefire for replacement . They responded very promptly & said I would have a new one in 2 weeks. Yesterday I e-mailed to check on status as it had been over 2 weeks & this is response I got:

Dear Sir,

Unfortunately, there is a hold on all replacement parts at this time. It seems that you are caught up in this hold. Unfortunately, it will be an additional two weeks. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to write back or call us at 1-800-828-8809. We are dedicated to providing world-class customer service and welcome future inquiries or comments.
SureFire Technical Support
1-800-828-8809
714-545-9444
714-545-9537 (Fax)

Anyony know why the hold?

Frogman

kev1-1

Enlightened
Re: What\'s up with Surefire?

Whats wrong with the A2 tailcap? I have an A2, how would I know if I have this fault...what ever it is!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened

FM,

yet another chapter in the SF "our Customers are No. !" story. they make great kit as you are well aware but they really lack on the service. At least in my experiences.

Boltgun

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened

FM,

yet another chapter in the SF "our Customers are No.1" story. they make great kit as you are well aware but they really lack on the service. At least in my experiences.

Boltgun

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast

IMHO, if you actually give "world-class" customer service, you don't need to tout it. However, it's far more acceptable to tout it if you really do give it than to tout it and not really give it. That's really "low-class".

I think I understand what I just wrote. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

rikvee

Enlightened

Surefire have been amazingly accessable to me;
in the last few months, they have sent free replacement parts
to Australia (twice) and turned around repairs very quickly indeed...
They have my respect, big time!

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I am dedicated to doing the best job that I can and yet I F**k up a lot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Should I just blow off the dedication?

Perhaps SF has a shelf full of parts and yet they're too lazy to go and pull them and ship them; You think?

brightnorm

Flashaholic

Could Iraq be part of the problem?

Brightnorm

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

lol why bring polotics into this peaceful area? You would be destroying the quiet and serenity if you did.

jbev

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is. The military buys all kinds of stuff from them. Who do you think the big company cares about more:

1) U.S. Government buying several hundred thousands worth, many more.
2) An individual

That being said. I can't argue too much because I would rather our troops be properly equipped than a bunch of guys in their backyard shining lights at barns and garage doors while taking pictures of the whole thing. Like backordered KL1s, if it saves one of their lives I'll gladly wait in line.

sslavers

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
jbev said:
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is. The military buys all kinds of stuff from them. Who do you think the big company cares about more:

1) U.S. Government buying several hundred thousands worth, many more.
2) An individual

That being said. I can't argue too much because I would rather our troops be properly equipped than a bunch of guys in their backyard shining lights at barns and garage doors while taking pictures of the whole thing. Like backordered KL1s, if it saves one of their lives I'll gladly wait in line.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree 100% (even tho i am one of the ones in the back yard shining my lights!!)

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

In that vein, I ordered a Quikclot battle pack in May 2004. I got it about a week ago. I don't need to ask what the hold up was.

The same thing happened to my sister's Surefire C-3 last Christmas. Because it was a gift that missed the big day, I was a little embarassed, but the troops come first.

jbev

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
sslavers said:
i agree 100% (even tho i am one of the ones in the back yard shining my lights!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know the feeling. There hasn't been a night this week that I haven't been outside checking beam patterns and getting my chopped KL3 didn't help matters.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

My experiences with Surefire had been amazingly fantastic considering I am residing in Singapore. Service was fast and I am very much impressed.

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened

No to be moody but SF service is not as a result of the Iraq war. Yes they are busy supplying the right kit but there service has been like this for years...long before the war.

on another note, do you think their current dealer policies are as a result of the war? hardly. for a company that "cannot keep up to the demand" of the war machine, price fixing is the last thing that should occur. if anything the pricing should come down as business is obviously good.

don't get me wrong, I think they still make one of the best lights on the market and I will continue to buy their product, but I will not be fooled that this is a result of the war.

my .02

sorry if this starts a flame
Boltgun

jbev

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Boltgun said:
sorry if this starts a flame

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fire was started long ago on this topic.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Boltgun, anyone and everyone has a right to his opinions. Why should what you mentioned start a flame?

I for one don't believe all these backordering has anything to do with the war. War is but an excuse to cast sympathy votes to Surefire. Surefire has always had this issue supplying their products on time but this is all because of their high quality which results in a high demand pattern.

It takes time to manufacture every single light. The machining, the anodizing, the interior coating, and even the packaging. When order far exceeds production, you get back ordering issues popping up here and there.

Give Surefire some time and you would be well taken care of. I think you folks who complain about Surefire customer service sucks just because of a long lead time is not being totally fair. I guess we need to discern the difference between customer service and production time.

In this scenario, I believe the customer service rep in SF is at the mercy of how fast production is running to keep up with the demands.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was eating out once, and after a while I started to notice the extremely long wait time, but the food came in the end and it was very, very good. I asked a friend who was with me.. "With food this good, shouldn't they speed it up a little? They could make a lot more money if they did."

His answer - "Sure they could - it just wouldn't taste as good. The reason it's slow is that they take the time to get it right the first time!"

I think the SFs are backordered precisely because they are such high grade lights. This is the reason why I'm not jumping up and down over the U2, or the new KL1 when I was waiting for it. Perfection is worth waiting for. (the unconfirmed news that the U2 was being delayed and retooled to support 3rd-party lithium ion batteries is VERY welcome.)

Steve C

Enlightened

<<...backordered KL-1s...>>

The military is using KL-1s? For what purpose?

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
pjandyho said:
Boltgun, anyone and everyone has a right to his opinions. Why should what you mentioned start a flame?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, bad choice of words.....

The SF issues dont just concern delivery times. It seems when you start talking about international sales, then delivery, product support (spare parts) and pricing become a problem.

This may the result of the "authorized" dealer but may be also an indicator of the "policy" the dealer has to work with.

I am willing to wait a reasonable amount of time and pay a reasonable price for a top notch product. But things need to be comparable when markets are concerned. A light that sells for X-dollars in the US should sell for a slightly marked up proportionate amount in another country. This isnt the case in Canada (maybe Bass Pro will change that now that they are up here). Spare parts and battery's should be the same price plus a bit for shipping and duties and exchange but they arent, they are significantly more expensive up here.

Maybe I am seeing one side only. maybe customers in other countries are seeing it differently. Pelican, Streamlight, Maglight and Inova are more readily available up here. That alone should say something.

Boltgun