Any update on TechAss?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makers of Eternalights. You may recall I posted a blurb about cheapest places to purchase the light as I wanted to get one as a Christmas gift (thanks for the responses). However I also knew the company was being posted for sale on Ebay which when I read the post, I could not find the listing on Ebay. Are they going out of business? Although a very rugged light with I'm sure a low failure rate, the light would be a gift for a non-flashaholic many miles away from me who would probably have to contact the company if a problem.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
To my knowledge, no one bid on the eBay listing for EternaLights. Someone commented that it doesn't matter, since it was just an inexpensive way to advertise that the company was available. I've got no idea if any back room negotiations are going on, and it's unlikely you'll hear anything until it's either sold or falls through.

To me, it sounds like EternaLights is suffering from the shift in attention away from 5 mm LEDs to the Luxeon market, where 1 watt and now 3 watt LEDs are the hot spots. TechAss has hinted at an LED light called "The Punch", but very little has been released about it. I also believe that any intellectual property surrounding "The Punch" was not part of the offering on eBay.