Need a new everyday light. (more questions)

Domine

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good everyday carry light for me. I currently carry a Surefire G2 but would like to shrink it down a bit, as the surefire doesn't fit in my pocket so well. I was looking at some of the Arc lights, but since they closed the prices have gone way out of my league. Anyway, I want something smaller than my Surefire, about the same brightness (or as close as possible), with a fairly low price tag. I am looking at arund $50, but I may go up depending on the light. So, any suggestions? <font color="green"> </font>

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
Re: Need a new everydat light, any suggestions?...

wow! Just as bright but smaller and around 50 bucks. That's a tall order. An E2e is about as bright but around 90 bucks. It is a bit smaller though, and easily pocketed.

Maybe someone might know of a smaller non surefire light, but for the brightness and size the E2e is hard to beat.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Easy one. The Streamlight TL-2 is only 4 7/8" long, the same length as the E2, and has better throw, and more lumens.

About $ 45.

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened

Yeah JohnK, I forgot about that one, duh! I guess I'm caught up in the surefire bug lately /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I have the TL2 and TL2-led. They are great lights. Good beam, and nice throw. So I officialy change my reconmendation....TL2 it is. Mines cliped to my sunvisor so I never leave home without it.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nuwai Q-111, small cheap and bright around $40.00

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just came to my head, Elektolumens is bringing out a single
Cr-123 cell 3 watt flashlight called the Zorch, check it out
on his sight.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd go with the Nuwai Q- III. Real good bang for the buck.

Domine

Newly Enlightened

Hey again.
Thanx for all the input. I am looking at the Nuwai and the Zorch now. However, I ws wondering if there are any lights out there that have an adjustable output. What I am looking for is a light about the size of the zorch and nuwai qIII, but with a long life low setting and a high output setting on par with these two lights. I know, I seem to be asking a bit much (as is usual with me) but I figured that, if anyone will know, its got to be u guys! Thanx for your time!

Domine

Newly Enlightened

Oh, hey, one more request...where can I get the lights (best price of course) Thanx again!

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

with a long life low setting and a high output setting on par with these two lights.>>>>>>>>>

Again, Streamlight has you covered, the SL 2L 3 watt does it, though a bit bigger.

Brightguy had them, but out of stock for a few days.

Latest posts