Introducing the Frustration Light

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I'm frustrated, because I can't solder SMD ICs without a headache.

And worst, without success...

So, to overcome the downturns I decided to do something, and this is the result:

DSC00391.JPG

DSC00392.JPG

DSC00393.JPG

DSC00395.JPG

The light is powered by 3 LR44 buttons, these I have plenty because my digital caliper use the same battery.

The LED is a narrow beam 21000mcd.

So, there are no technological breaktroughs, but I'm happy because I built one more flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The past weeks I purchased some prebuilt boards and R-LiIons, so more powerful lights are in the pipeline (along with my unfinished ones)

Pablo

AW

Newly Enlightened
Bight light. What is the runtime? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the body in my lathe, that's why I'm frustrated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have the tools, have (some) knowledge of electronics, but cannot solder very small pieces...

Will post a runtime graph next week, since I don't have the measurement tools at home.

I don't expect more than 10min, but hey, that was not my goal, the goal was simply happiness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pablo

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PEU said:
the goal was simply happiness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pablo

[/ QUOTE ]

Then may happiness be granted to you and your light...

nice work BTW..

Jeff

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It makes me happy just looking at it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It looks like a cool knurling pattern. Did you get Brock to take the photos? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously; that's a really nice light, PEU. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We share the same photo skills /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif but he's is miles ahead building lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pablo

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Smaller soldering iron with sharp pointy tip + smaller rosin core solder = /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
But even that still won't be easy with smd parts.
You may also try using a weak adhesive to hold the part still while soldering it.
Good luck.

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need to be smarter... the minute I shown the light to my wife she reclaimed posession...

So I remade the body, to her exacting standards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And here is the result:

Since my photo skills were compared to Brock's here is the latest photo using his technique /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
DSC00401.JPG

Yes the ring was made with a soldered paper clip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Pablo

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok neg, if you pay a 1st class ticket my wife is yours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Pablo

Latest posts