The Inova Infinite Ultra

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just purchased the X5T and I LOVE it!!!! But, it is a bit big to bring to school. You never know when the lights go out.

So I went to Gerber, I do like them, and looked at this INFINITE ULTRA by Gerber. It looks pretty cool, has a nice runtime, and welll..... isnt too shabby.

Now... should I get it? I havent seen any reviews on it.

-tom

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a light that is owned by most all dedicated flashaholics.

Wonderful run time, virtually indestructable.

A MAINSTAY of good lights.

Try a lithium battery in it for LONGGGG life, and reliability.

cognitivefun

Enlightened
or buy the Countycomm "tactical illuminator" which I believe is the same thing...but with a superior real annodized coating and slightly smaller and more durable. $18.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
The CMG (now Gerber) Infinity Ultra is a must-have, IMHO.

It's simple, durable, and it works. It's on my keyring, and I carry it everyday.

And the Ultra-G is still the best version of this light!

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't tried the new Infinity Ultra version with rear end twist switch but - judging on looks and experience with Sonics versus Arc AAAs - I would move out and make a point of getting some of the OLD version Infinity Ultra's with the twist switch at the head before the supply is exhausted. I think the old one is a better design.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like previously stated, get one...but get the old style Infinity Ultra. Maybe, just maybe...get two.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
My old Infinity Tasklight with red LED is a gorgeous light. Very bright and with a very atypically smooth (for a colored LED) beam.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
What? You still haven't bought yours? At $15.. you can't lose. It's one of the best value for money lights around here! If you appreciated the Surefire L1's low mode and extreme runtime, you will like this one.

Mine:
cmg3.jpg

At $15, you can afford more than one, too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Robban

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
What? You still haven't bought yours? At $15.. you can't lose. It's one of the best value for money lights around here! If you appreciated the Surefire L1's low mode and extreme runtime, you will like this one.

Mine:
[image] http://kevin.htgk.org/cmg3.jpg [/image]

At $15, you can afford more than one, too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I have the one on the left (just recently got it by winning at the raffle). I wasn't very impressed. It was very angry blue and the led is very off-center, battery rattles (easily fixed though). I just wasn't impressed by the quality of the light. I'll probably keep it in my pocket as a last resort in an emergency but nothing more.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shouldn't the title of this thread be corrected? Especially for newbies' sakes? After all, it's not an INOVA Infinity Ultra, its a GERBER or CMG Infinity Ultra.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dunno what will replace the old model. I hope my 2 Ultras will last long enought until something comes out as I don't see anything out there right now. Peak 1AA's seem to have insufficient spill compared to the Infinity Ultra.

If someone is knowledgeable about how to handle FOB in China orders, they might consider this copy. Probably not a reasonable facsimile, but nothing else out there looks good either.

ncsumd

Newly Enlightened
Newbie question here: What makes the Ultra G better than the regular Infinity Ultra? Just the harder finish?