Auto LED lamp housing glow thing

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess you can tell i have no idea how to word this. In pepboys and other auto stores they sell led lights to put in your cars lamp housing to make it glow a color. THe goal seems to match the glow with your cars paint color for a cool effect. Since i have led side marker lights on my wheelchair 24x7, it occured to me it may not be a bad idea to have a set of these on the front and rear so even parked your car is slightly more visible than it would be otherwise. The device looks like a single led with a piece of tin foil and a long set of leads on it.

Anyone play with these or use them?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to recall a thread somewhere here recently where someone got dinged by the Highway Patrol for "too many" lights on their vehicle.

gorn

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
sotto said:
I seem to recall a thread somewhere here recently where someone got dinged by the Highway Patrol for "too many" lights on their vehicle.

[/ QUOTE ]

California not only has a limit to the amount of lights on your vehicle, they restrict colors also. Some of the add on lights can get you a real expensive ticket.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
These just caused the lamp housing to glow. I doubt during the day or with the parking lights on you could see them. I thought if you parked on the street, it may prevent you from getting hit to have your tail and front turn signals lamps to be dimly lit. Of course this may lead to endless knocking at your door that you left your lights on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I enjoy my led marker lights on my wheelchair and the fact they can burn 4 months without recharging before they will die and the fact they will last ten years.

MrMom

Enlightened
I have seen these online and was wondering the about the legal aspect. Installed the LED is not directly visible in the headlamp housing but it does impart a dim glow of the selected color.

Latest posts