• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LionHearts Will Ship Very Slowly...*sob*

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
UPDATE 11-11-04:

The HA3 LionHeart bodies ARE AT THE ETCHERS. *Also* - when the bodies first came back from the anodizers and before being sent to the etchers they were inspected and I have been told that the HA3 Natural color appears to be a "just about perfect match" between all pieces!

Although all the Fast Trackers are built and I'm starting to pack and ship them, it is slow going so you may not receive yours as quickly as originally anticipated, despite the quick build sequence.

This is because just about every package has become what amounts to a Custom Order:

1) some are Full Kits (easiest)

2) some are lights alone

3) some are lights and battery only

4) some are lights and batterIES only

5) some are going to a new address (understandable given the long lead time between prepay and shipping)

6) MANY are "mixed" orders - meaning those buyers ordered both HA3 and Fast Track, and this meant there were different requests on how they wanted to be received - some wanted both shipped at the same time and they would patiently wait for the HA3's to get here first. Some wanted the FT's first, but to send the charger/battery/ies now so they could use them right away. This entails a separate accounting system since I would not want to send yet another set of batteries/chargers with the HA3's after Already sending them out with the FTs.

7) the most complicated part was the incessant follow-up orders - adding another spare battery or two or ordering additional lights, many times coming weeks or even months after their first orders, which meant going back and forth over several months' worth of hundreds of PP receipt pages and consolidating and/or coordinating these orders.

8) and the the age-old problem of matching up names with CPF handles reared its ugly head yet again, exacerbated by several PayPal'ers using someone ELSE's PayPal accounts! And I'm not even going to talk about the mass of snailmails followed by yet-to-arrive additional snailmails from the original people because of yet more follow-up add-ons...

So, it is indeed slow going, and on my best day (yesterday) I was able to pack and ship only eight orders. And it's not like I can get HAT to help as with the VIPs. With those we simply lined up the boxes and dropped a VIP and set of instructions in each, with the few ordering more than one light put aside for me to pack and ship later. Then after the HAT members went home I only had to go down the PP receipt line and print and affix labels. We can't even do this now because Every Box will Each contain Different Configurations as explained above.

Finally, I am running out of Pila batteries. I ordered them in a 1:1 ratio not anticipating the follow-up orders and such, and now with everyone ordering one or more extra batteries I am going to end up with a mess of chargers - only. So I am going to stick my neck out here (been trying to call Jon Burlison all day and getting either a recording to which I left a message, or busy signals) and ask that all additional orders be for LIGHTS ONLY, with each buyer being sent directly to JS Burly's for their batteries/chargers. All battery/charger orders requested and paid for up to now will be honored of course. The "up to now" time limit means 11-5-04/9:20 p.m. HST, or right now!!!

AND - added to all this today was a gigantic $500-plus bill for duties from U.S. Customs, a bite I had not figured into the overall cost structure (and which to my original understanding would either not occur or was to have been covered already).

So...your kind patience and understanding is appreciated as I slog my way through this morass. Please refrain from sending me e-mails/PMs unless absolutely necessary as I must then stop and look at Each One - since they may be Changes in orders, or shipping instructions/sequences, or addresses. Unless critically necessary, please, no more changes...

Whew...and I thought I was well on my way to a - vacation... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ouch... an extra $500? Gotta love the government. :p

you do deserve a vacation, after this, though I'm expecting a lot of 'woohoo!' type shouts before Christmas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
g charlie i have no idea what to say . a course with out saying you know we all repect ya hard work and ya cominament and ya went way beyond what most people will do thease lights are still comeing in a very timely matter ,but what bumms me off is that ya are going thru all this hang in there freind . i hope it improves for ya soon eddie

illumiGeek

Enlightened
Hey Charlie, can I change my order?

Heh, just kidding. If there is anything I can do to help, you know where to find me.

Aloha, iG (Tim)

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Thanks for the sentiments guys. Tim, change your order? Which order izzat? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

cy

Flashaholic
Charlie, thanks for all your hard work and it's not done yet.

what a nightmare sorting out all the different orders. looks like multiple options are out next go.

I think this falls under, no good deed goes unpunished /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Yeah, I shoulda just said every LH is sold as a Full Kit, take it or leave it. Extra batteries and whatnot would have to be gotten through Jon. Sell off what you don't need, that kind of thing - so there. Yah, nexxxxt time...g'night now...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
BTW *yawn* I think for the remaining lights I will have to Double the price. Yeah, that's it, DOUBLE! That should keep the orders down - and to think I only wanted to build 50 of these at the very beginning...yeah, sure.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
charlie ya avator isnt there. if ya need a hosst for it just email me it.ill host it. and good night its am here but i never sleep lol i am vampire

javafool

Enlightened
I sent in two orders and no changes. I also added shipping for each order just in case something like this came up.

I know you would not want to insist on everyone doing this because you are so wonderfully people oriented. But if the time comes again with the fusion or some new project later on, you may need to consider doing something like that.

We don't want to send you to no Hotel California where you can check out any time you like but you can never leave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Aloha and Mahalo Charley,
Terry
Sipping a cup of fresh Kona coffee grown by David Knight at Kona Premium Coffee Company

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even thought this would be a change, I could do without my spare Pila 150 if it would help you... and also mean that another member would be able to get his (or her) light quicker.

Mahalo!! (geez, I hope I spelled it right)

MicroE

Enlightened
I think we should all go to Hawaii to visit MR B and help him pack orders!
I'm in NJ right now and the weather is starting to get cold.
Hawaii sounds real good for a flashaholic get-together.---Marc

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I stated in the other thread, sorry for the confusion all around. I am sure you losing your computer had something to do with it. I doubt it would make things easier but here is my exact order:

FastTrack with AC Charger and (2) Pila 150A w/ shipping

HAIII LH with logo and full allodyne (Light only) w/ shipping

Thanks.

Curtis E.
(cue003 -- paypal address [email protected])

Sakugenken

Newly Enlightened
I would also be glad to skip the extra battery if it would help you. Use the difference to help pay the taxman or for the HAT beer/pizza fund.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Ooops, poor Charlie who don't sleep /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
As I have ordered two LH, one bare AL and One HA III, and two pila's 168A with my first LH, you can, if it settles you, send me only one pila 168A with the Bare AL, and one pila 168A with The HA III one.
Make how you want /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Many thanks for your good job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

unnerv

Enlightened
If you need a few extra $ to help cover the customs hit please let us know. I would not want you to have to take the hit alone and have PP standing by as I am sure others would too.

Likebright

Enlightened
Oh oh,
I just ordered one stand alone HA3 LH but it is coming out of the still to come massive HA3 build. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif Hope all works out OK. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Mike
Possibly, next light. -- One light - one finish - buy yo batteries from Jon. Would be easier on yourself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
No worries guys, although I am not rich, I am gainfully employed and will be able to retire in three years' time (thanks to my LEO pension) and can cover this hit. But just be forewarned that shipping is slow going. Likely will be the same for the HA3's, only more so (33-1/3% more units, 300 vs. 200 Fast Tracks!).

Frenchy/Pasc-y, your bare alum. WITH battery is on its way. Not only just because I already reached your spot in the "shipping order queue", but also because of your past bad experience(s?) with losing items in mailings going across international lines. You received your VIP successfully, so let's hope the same delivery person is carrying your LionHeart, and not the one who "delivered" your lost McGizmo light...