Single D or C Cell Light

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Does anybody make a cmg or arc style single D or C cell light with 1 or 2 led's? I think this would be the most awesome pocket light.

Azreal911

Enlightened
that would seem waay to big to carry! a cmg inifinity already offers like 40 hrs on a single aa and people here can make it brighter with a small mod already. If you are going to carry a c cell probably the biggest i'd go for a pocket light is a surefire E1.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thats a nice light, but i mean like a single C cell led light. I haven't found one of them yet.

Mike

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are no single C or D cell lights on the market
frown.gif

I personnaly want a single C cell light with a Luxeon star LED. The whole thing could be just a bit bigger than one inch in Diameter and about the same length as an infinity. Imagine a fat Infinity. The technology is here, now if only someone would build it.

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I did a mod for JonSidneyB wherein I made a C-Cell (and D-cell) holder for the Arc-LS head. He seemed pleased with it. Would this fit your needs?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I actually really like the size of the Arc-LS w/123 pack. Although run time does leave something to be desired...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

yeah!!, now a single C LS would be cool, i would think twice the run time as 2 AA's. Am i correct?
Also, i think going with D or C is cheaper in terms of cost and run time. At Wal-Mart they have a 4 AA pack for 2.47, and a 2 C for 2.47. 17000 mah vs. 12000 mah. Get the picture?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Somebody needs to make a single C or D waterproof, high impact type LED light.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Just if i happen to drop it or something, you know accidental stuff.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I happen to have 2 single D lights and 2 single C lights as mentioned above and am very very happy with them. These are Arc LS bodies. I do not carry them on my person but are always close at hand. A set rides in my truck and set lives at home.

Where these are very practical is in the using up of batteries. I seem to always end up with odd batteries and I do not mix batteries. The makes single battery devices valuable to me.

Some people may say the the single 1.5 volt powered light is not as bright as a 3 volt one and thats true, but not by as much as you think.

Also, we seem to want to use more light than we really need.

If the single battery light is not bright enough, I have others that I can use but I find that 90% of my needs can be met by a single cell light.

AAA, AA, and 123 for on person carry. C's and D's for home and car.