Unexpected use of my Tactical Inova X5

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
Skip to the next paragraph if you don't want to read my babble behind this unexpected use of my X5. Last night, I was doing some sanding to the taping compound upstairs and my wife says she saw some blood on the stairs. I just told her it was probably from our puppies' obsession with chew toys and had bloody gums (again). A few minutes later I hear her screaming bloody murder (One of those screams that you just know is not good). I dropped my sander and knocked some other stuff down on my way downstairs. She has the computer room shut and is screaming. I look in, and see my all black cat (Jada) jumping and "playing" with a bat. A freakin' bat got in my house!!! Probably from renovations we are doing, and the fact that upstairs has one open section to the attic. Well I got a bucket and cardboard to get the bat, but for about 30 seconds I had to watch and chuckle (yeah, I know I'm sick) as my cat performed circus flips and jumps while "playing" with the bat. I finally had my chance to get the bat in the bucket and got it. The floor in the room was a mess with spots of blood. My wife and I cleaned up the mess with Bleach and checked the cat. The bat is going to get sent out tomorrow for rabies tests, and my poor cats got booster shots today.

The X5 story. I went in the computer room last night, and was looking for more missed blood, and the overhead lights were not working as well as I would have liked. I grabbed my X5, and OH MY FRIGGIN GOODNESS, the spots that I missed just showed up clear as day. The bluish tint worked amazing. I found quite a few spots and believe it or not my wife was impressed (grin)
grin.gif
(more LED lights for me).

LED's Rule
cool.gif

Thanks for checking out my long story.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
So this was an x-5t with blue leds? This is the info that nighthunter was looking for

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
This could really help investigative units if it's that simple. Right now they have to use a special spray and a special light to find those hidden blood stains.

Somebody poke their finger and see if it works on human blood.
grin.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
OK...I poked a hole in my finger (had to check my blood sugar anyway) and my ARC AAA UV did not make my blood spots show up! Now I have to clean up my desk top!
wink.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea there is a spray that reacts with blood somehow (even traces that you cannot see with naked eye anymore)that will illuminate with uv but evidently blue leds and blue filtered incadesents will show up fresh and i guess dry blood EASIER than what you would be able to find with just a white light alone. $0.02

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
The X5 was the standard "Spotlight White" led version. The Hot Spot in the center has a bluish tint (unless I am color blind)which is what worked for me. My walls are Almond in color,the carpet is a beige-ish in color, and my floor molding is "cherrywood" stain color. The blood was on everything and showed up good, even on the dark grain areas of the floor molding. All the blood stains were visible without the light, but to find them was a struggle until the X5 was on. Although it worked good for me, I don't think the police are going to be knocking on the Emissive Energy doors looking for trade secrets quite yet.

duffahtolla

Newly Enlightened
Whoa!

The blood glowed? or was it just easier to spot?

I know blood can glow under short UV, but I didn't think the x5t put that out.

battman

Newly Enlightened
I can confirm the "glow" of human blood as well as seen from my Opalec Newbeam. Several weeks back I stepped on some kiave (thorny relative of mesquite) at the beach. I performed self surgery with the help of my newbeam, and through the pain of digging out the thorn I noticed that the blood stood out very brightly. Maybe it doesn't exactly glow, but the bluish tint of the leds makes it appear to.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't gone blood hunting or seen any blood with my Blue Nichia mini mag mod, but the blue really does light up GITD materials and a variety of childrens toys (matchbox cars, a toothbrush, flourescent markers, blocks, etc).

I keep showing my wife these items and how they seem to emit their own light (almost) when lit with the blue LED and she give me the
rolleyes.gif