Inova X1 with sidespill???

dtsoll

Enlightened
I love the fit and finish of the Inova X1, it reaks of quality and durablility. I just emailed Inova a request for an X1 with sidespill. What would be the way to go?? An underdriven LuxI with reflector for nice beam and sidespill? I am a huge fan of single AA lights and had an X1 but the lack of sidespill just made it useless IMO. Ideally it could run on Lithium, Alkaline, and Nimh. Would you buy one if they were to honor my request??? I personally would buy several!!! Please Inova, please, please!!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mrd 74

Enlightened
While you're at it tell them to add a clicky tail switch like the T1. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

jbev

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I'd buy a couple if they did away with the optics and use a reflector. As it's made now I could never figure out what to do with it. It doesn't have enough sidespill to walk with or do much up close, and it isn't bright enough to fully justify the spotlight effect it has.

If they made it more of a useful light and less of a novelty I'm sure more people would just on it. After all, the build quality on it is nearly tank like.

dg

Newly Enlightened
Yes, but if you make those changes, then it is no longer an X1 with its unique features.

It will be a new flashlight in its own right.

jbev

Newly Enlightened
Well, that is true. When I got an X1, I tried for a month to find something to do with it. It was one of the few lights in this world that I just couldn't warm up to. Partially because of the previously mentioned reason, but also because mine had some weird effects on the outside ring of the beam that were very annoying. I attributed those to the optics, but maybe I had a dud.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
The X1 is in its element in very dark conditions, particularly in misty weather. Beautiful lightsaber-like beam, particularly the blue and green models. Same with the green LED PAL eLight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
I did a X1 Luxeon mod a while back. Two of our fellow CPFers have helped me with the reflectors and heat-sink disks. I will add the "Super X1" to my modding services when the parts arrive. But the cross-boarder shipping is just soooo slow these days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif

nonbox

Banned
I agree, X1 with out sidespill is useless for everyday use.

I would like to see a Inova X1 with sidespill & a shorter length T1. The Inova X1 & T1 designs are just not optimized for everyday carry. I prefer a flashlight that I can place in my pants pocket and has a useable beam of light.

http://www.geocities.com/nonbox/

dtsoll

Enlightened
Very cool Led ASAP, any way of getting more sidespill or is that about as good as it can be? Even a little is better than non, and it sounded like your mod had some anyway!! When will you be doing these mods again?? I think I need one!!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif