Calling CPF'ers in New Zealand

Zackerty

Enlightened
Calling CPF\'ers in New Zealand

Am I the only individual in NZ who is in CPF?
Wot 'bout ex-pats?

Stu

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:anyone:

Well, it took over two years but you now have another. (And digging up an old thread is just so much more efficient, don't you think? :bumpit: )

I would have been on a bit earlier but something went wrong with the subscription - don't know what or why - even Sasha couldn't get it working. :awman:

So I signed up again and it worked fine this time. FWIW the username was inspired by seeing The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl recently. :popcorn: My first username was quite sensible, really.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've now spotted 9 New Zealanders (including myself) but most aren't big posters. You and Zackerty would be the notable exceptions.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I watched all three LOTR movies...several times and consider Zackerty a personal pal.
Does that count? You guys think I should send an E-mail to check on Stuart?
Topper :)

Last edited:

rugbymatt

Enlightened
I am a huge fan of the All Blacks, Chiefs, and Hurricanes, and have been playing rugby for twenty years. Unfortunately the only thing I know about New Zealand is my coach, a complete brute of a Man who would give you the shirt off his back, or knock your head off for a knock-on in a game, just depends on his mood.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Topper said:
I watched all three LOTR movies...several times and consider Zackerty a personal pal.
Hmmm. "North East Arkansas". Well, I suppose Clinton has visited NZ a couple of times.

rugbymatt said:
Unfortunately the only thing I know about New Zealand is my coach, a complete brute of a Man who would give you the shirt off his back, or knock your head off for a knock-on in a game, just depends on his mood.
Hey, he sounds like a New Zealander! :grouphug:

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
TorchBoy said:
That one's new on me. Looks interesting.

They are very prompt with their shipping (very often next day delivery and only $7 for most orders).

They also reply to messages/emails within a week most often less than 3 days (depending on what you ask them)

You can get items like Leatherman etc cheeper than in the stores.

And they have the cheepest CR123 Batteries that I have found $6 each inc GST (The next best is Super Cheep Autos with $7 each)

I think that we sould start a NZ CPF Get together. We could meet in auckland and go to the Devonport hills and visit the Coastal Defence tunnels, Go to Rangitoto to visit the lava tunnels then to Motutapu for the Coastal Defence tunnels there.

What do you guys think?

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dr Jekell said:
http://www.tacticalsolutionscorp.com/
I've decided it's a great reference to find out what on earth people are referring to when talking about their Surefire torches. But I can't even imagine why anyone would consider paying $320 for a 120 lumen torch that lasts 20 minutes. :ohgeez: A Luxeon K2, at 130 lumens, would last an hour and a half running off AA NiMH cells. Cheaper to buy/make, and cheaper to run, too.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dr Jekell said:
I think that we sould start a NZ CPF Get together. We could meet in auckland and go to the Devonport hills and visit the Coastal Defence tunnels, Go to Rangitoto to visit the lava tunnels then to Motutapu for the Coastal Defence tunnels there.

What do you guys think?
Hmmm, sounds just a tad nerdy. Count me as a definite maybe. :laughing: The gun emplacements at Stoney Batter on Waiheke Island are really great too, although a bit harder to get to.

How about using a different light/light set at each location, with at least one homemade light in there somewhere?

rugbymatt

Enlightened
Dr Jekell said:

What do you guys think?

I would be in for that. The only thing holding me back is the price of plane fare and the 23 hour flight. My coach is part Moari, once you get to know him, which only takes about 5 years, he is a great guy. I did get to play against Sean Fitzpatrick once in a, believe it or not, sevens game in NYC.

Last edited:

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I think I might be addicted to this forum, or at least developed a dependency on it. I recently spent a week without it because I couldn't log in - horrendous. Sasha came to my aid and got me going again, thankfully.

I'm a little scared to ask, but does anyone have any ideas on why the forum software version is about three years old? Is that a question I shouldn't ask Sasha and co?

junkfms

Newly Enlightened
Knock Knock!!
Kia Ora!

Used to live and study in New Zealand for almost 7 years back in 92. Went to highschool in Auckland. Then Lincoln Uni, Canterbury for two years. Had the best time of my life in that country. Best place for activities, superb environment natural heritage, nice people I have met. I say it is the place of diversity of culture.

I am Thai BTW

I would go back to live there again in a heartbeat!