When do you start decorating for Christmas

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I guess my favorite holiday is comming up again. I have my new Forever Brights sitting in my room with some other lights that I need to test. I usually start decorating the day after Thanksgiving.

When do you start decorating?

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lights on the outside of the house, day after thanksgiving. Everything else is usually a couple weeks later. I just drove by someone's house that's already covered in lights and has them on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I have around 8,000 bulbs total up before I'm done...:D

kaseri

Enlightened
I don't decorate at all. For some reason I find Christmas depressing. It's not that I don't have a family to share Christmas with because I have a very loving family to spend Christmas with. There is just something about it that I can't seem to "get into" no matter how hard I try. I do like Thanksgiving though.

rocketmaninphx

Newly Enlightened
Stage up all of the stuff on Thanksgiving Eve (From the attic, from the basement, etc) just get it all in a big pile.

On Thanksgiving Day is the Football Games are blowouts and right after dinner when all the guys are around to escape the cleanup of the kitchen and dishes.

Finish the job after the AM Black Friday activities.....Good time to sneak in all of the stuff you just had to buy on sale and use the empty Christmas Decoration Boxes as camo.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Extra early this year, some time this week. We are setting up early because all the boxes are already out of the attic due to the excess moisture issue we had in Sept.

Normally we due it Thanksgiving evening.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a peace sign made out of a bicycle rim with no spokes and a set of white and a set of purple normal Christmas lights. It hangs in the window and looks modest yet appropriate. Goes up next week. Whenever I get some led strands, I think I'll make another.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Usually, the day after Thanksgiving.
Since I'm now in a new location, I honestly don't know when I'll start hanging up the Forever Brights this year.
Maybe earlier, maybe later.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Wow, Nov 25th? That is early! Here we have SantaKlaus first, on Dec 5th . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Christmas decorations are after that, usually about 2 weeks before christmas, they are taken down at Epiphany ("3 kings" ,Jan 6), or right after christmas, wich btw lasts 2 days here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I`m here.

Lights go up during the first week of December and usually switch-on is December 6th. I take the week off from work and have it pretty well planned so it will all go up in the week, often with time to spare. Never know if it`ll be too wet to work so it`s better to have some extra time.

I run them nightly, used to be from 3.30 till around 10 but since the school near us closed, I expect they won`t go on until 4 when it`s dark. It lasts until January 6th when power goes off early and the following days as soon as possible, it all gets pulled down and brought in. Takes about a month of evenings and weekends to test everything and pack it all down for another year.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
Extra early this year, some time this week. We are setting up early because all the boxes are already out of the attic due to the excess moisture issue we had in Sept.

Normally we due it Thanksgiving evening.

[/ QUOTE ]
O.T.
"Excess moisture". Now THAT'S funny, DD./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif
I hope the recovery is going well.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got some of my lights up today. I still have to do the bushes and the trees in the front yard but I'll try to get them done tomorrow

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I was going to start digging out the Forever Bright lights yesterday, but never got around to it.

The next door neighbor already has small lighted Christmas trees in her front yard; I believe she put them out yesterday.

Maybe I'll get some of my lights hung up today. Maybe I won't, but I'll certainly try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I didn't do anything outside last year due to "blah"

This year the soffets and facia boards, as well as the roof are all to be replaced between Nov. 30 and Jan. 1

Besides, everything is getting packed for our move!

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just did the bushes and trees this morning then right when I was almost finished, it began to rain. I still got it up though then I had an electrical problem with one of the older incandescent sets so I had to drag out the inductive tester. Turns out that one of the bulbs had worked loose while I was decorating. I planned to put some more lights on the house but it seems to be good for now. I had my lights on last night and the only other person other than me was a man 2 houses down from me who had some Icicle Lights on his house and a green rope light around his palm tree.

At least I didn't get shocked this year.

Happy Holidays!

junior

Enlightened
It rained on me too when i was outside putting the lights on roof rails.

Im almost done.

Christmas is my favorite time of year

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
...and I beat the clock... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I got two strings of Forever Brights hung up and plugged in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

These sets here:
fb500.jpg

fb600.jpg

for11.jpg

for21.jpg

Latest posts