Other products using Luxeon LEDs?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious. We know about Arc LS, now the CMG Reactor and soon hopefully the Surfire Luxeon offering. Does anybody know of any other manufacturers that have plans for releasing Luxeon LED flashlights?

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Geepondy, don't forget about the famous InGon lite at www.shoplifestyle.com. See fig. 1 below.

e-

Fig. 1
ai765_main.jpg

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Edwood:
Geepondy, don't forget about the famous InGon lite at www.shoplifestyle.com. See fig. 1 below.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I wasn't aware of that light. I agree with their comments, I like the end switch better then the twisting of the head myself. Are they actually in stock?

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have one of those yet? If so, what do you think of it?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do hope you'll post your opinions of the light when you get it, Roy. I wonder how it's driven, whether it's directly driven off the 4.5V with the size and current capacity of the small AAA batteries, dropping the voltage sufficiently or whether they use a resistor. If regulated, I'm sure they would advertise this fact. Anyhow a Luxeon with a switch, I hope it works out OK.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Planning on a review just as soon as I can..got the camera and photo-cell ready. I have an SLS1 and a Ill pill to compare against.

Doug Meister

Newly Enlightened
The web says says something that sounds fishy.

>> This 3½-inch light with a single LED bulb is 3X bright than any light with 10 LED bulbs! The secret is the amazing and revolutionary collimator lens with InGon semiconductor flip chip and Silicon sub-mount chip. The lens focuses further, disperses light more widely, and casts a more natural color light. You could keep this light going nonstop for almost two weeks on the same batteries. <<

A light that is that bright cant possibly run that long. What do any of you think?
--Ðøug
rolleyes.gif

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Luxeon Star flashlights I know of:
Arc-LS
CMG Reactor
That collimator light mentioned above my post
Lambda's Lights that use Luxeon
ElectroLumen's Lights that use Luxeon

....not very many yet!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by L.E.D.:
Luxeon Star flashlights I know of:
Arc-LS
CMG Reactor
That collimator light mentioned above my post
Lambda's Lights that use Luxeon
ElectroLumen's Lights that use Luxeon

....not very many yet!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't think we should count modded lights because the vast majority of us can only drool at the posts and not get our hands on them. So far none of the manufacturer's have gotten it down pat yet, mostly due to the inconsistancy of the LED itself. I can surmise that the Surfire KL1 offering is fairly close to release. It will be very interesting to see how they fare in this new technology and how they are handling the inconsistancy of the LED.