ViKi's Finding #3 : MXDL 3w is Lux-III ?

L

LITEmania

ViKi\'s Finding #3 : MXDL 3w is Lux-III ?

I'hv got from e-bay and the product arrived today.
It is direct drive from 3AAA and silkprinted as 3W on the body.

I opened the bezzel and found emitter is Lux-III because the leadframe of "Lux-III star hexa" has a hole in both anode and cathode. And left leadframe is upper position.

Anyone who knows details in this light whether it uses ;
- Lux-III ?
- or clone ?
- or DirectDrive Lux-I so that Lux-I dissipate 3W ?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
IMHO, it must be a Lux-III....please advise me.

Goods_detail_VTLL-MX31_12~_VTLL-MX31-E-3.jpg

Goods_detail_VTLL-MX31_6~_led%20module.jpg

Goods_detail_VTLL-MX31_8~_3w%20leadframe.jpg

snake

Enlightened
Re: ViKi\'s Finding #3 : MXDL 3w is Lux-III ?

Hi Viki,
the street store I buy say the led made in Taiwan, buy I am not sure about it.

I think it is not LS 3W but by some other manufactuer

when compare the light output of real 3W LS direct drive with 3aaa (I changed a MXDL 1W to 3W LS S-bin) the MXDL 3W is dimmer. Another thing is the clear "oil" filled in the LED dome is not clear as real LS

the last thing is price, this light cost $65 HK dollar that is $8.3 USD..

L

LITEmania

hmm....so it is a clone.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
then I must change with real 3W LS.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

AW

Newly Enlightened

I use a LiIon 17670 in it and it is brighter than my ARC 4+ rev2. Mine has a tight hotspot too! Cheap and bright light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

L

LITEmania

AW : Do you agree that is not Lux-III ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

L

LITEmania

snake : I have found a logo in LED board shows 'kerui'

do you have an idea what this logo is ?

AW

Newly Enlightened

It is a clone but as bright as a Lux-III.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

That looks pretty good. How is the throw on it? I would buy one if shipping wasn't 5 times the cost of the light.

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
AW said:
I use a LiIon 17670 in it and it is brighter than my ARC 4+ rev2. Mine has a tight hotspot too! Cheap and bright light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the LiIon 17670 about the same size as the 3-AAA battery holder that comes with the flashlight?

I believe the dimensions of a 17670 are 66.7mm length x 17mm diameter, and the dimensions of a AAA cell are supposed to be about 45 mm length x 10.5 mm diameter.

Did the Li-Ion 17670 directly substitute for the battery holder, or did you have to modify the battery compartment?

snake

Enlightened

hello Viki,
no idea what it is...
besides, you site looks great!

Hookd_On_Photons,
last weekend I have try 18500 with my real LS3 mod, the current goes up and up fm 0.9XA to 1.1XA in 5sec!

so I plan to add a 1 or 2ohm resistor on top of the 3AAAbattery holder then cut one "pillar" to fit in the 18500.

DaMeatMan

Newly Enlightened

Viki i wish i had seen this thread sooner before i started my own. Anyhow i would have to agree that the emitter in the mxdl that i purchased was not a real luxIII. The metal contact tabs seem different, they donnot have the partial holes in the small tabs to indicate the positve or negative contacts like luxeons. Also i too have noticed that the dome in the emitter was not as clear as a luxeon... i'm not quite sure if it's because the dome's are scrateched or the way they were handled during manufacturing of the light. Anyhow someone pointed out to me that the emitter may be an EMT-4, i have tried searching on google and have not come up with very much info on it. I've also started a thread about it here but no hit's yet.

L

LITEmania

Sorry but I have no idea wrt EMT-4. If I found anything fact. I will let you know.

DaMeatMan

Newly Enlightened

I would have to disagree, the emitter looks almost exactly like the luxeon. Packaging is nearly identical except for the partial holes in the contact tabs to indicate positive or negative. The emitter is however mounted on a board that is identical to the one in this photo, let me know if yours also looks like this. However having said that, i've also searched through their other products and it seems they don't manufacture any luxeon clones that would match what is found in my MXDL. Perhaps the manufacturer of the MXDL light i have is using the blank boards in the above picture to mount the luxeon clone emitters. That's all i've been able to find out for now, i'll let you guy's know if i come across anything else.