• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD 14500 Li-ion chargers, battery status, 4 home

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just put together three more homebrew 14500 rechargeable Li-ion, home battery chargers with cell status indicators and they are for sale. 14500 cells are the size of a single AA-sized battery and run at a higher voltage of 3.6-volts.

Each charger with LCD cell status display is enclosed in its original charger case. The electronics are fully enclosed with the exception of the two AA battery holders on the bottom. For safety I've mounted the AA-sized battery holders on the bottom of the charger. In the highly unlikely event the batteries should vent then they will do it downward and not into someone's face.

These are smart chargers. Each charger recharges one or two cells at a time in a parallel circuit so both cells are charged the same full voltage. Each charger has an LCD cell indicator that tells if a cell is in the charger. The chargers also blink the cell charging status then shows a solid indicator to show when the charge is complete. After the cell is fully charged the chargers automatically switch to trickle mode to keep the cells topped off. The unit is fuse protected. The charger also has reverse cell charging protection. How do I know? On one of the chargers I accidently wired it backwards and when I went to test the charger with the cell there was no poof but just an indication the cell was not charging. Don't worry…I rewired the charger and it works properly now. Charging the cells couldn't be easier.

Take a look. There aren't many 14500 cell chargers for the home around.

Price is $27 plus shipping. The package is 18oz. and mailing in the U.S. is $4 shipping.

If you want up to two 14500 cell with 850mAh output and a soldered top it would cost an extra $9 each. No more than two cells please so I can share the cells and chargers with other cpfers.

The first three "I'll take it!" on this thread with a follow up PM to me gets the 14500 Li-ion smart cell charger with LCD display.

14500_charger_to_cpf.jpg

maddog

Enlightened
Re: 14500 Li-ion chargers, battery status, 4 home

i'll take it

rdf

Newly Enlightened

I'll take it.

Russ

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

1. maddog- paid and mailed.
2. rdf- paid and mailed.
3. stringj- paid and mailed.

SOLD! Thanks y'all!

rdf

Newly Enlightened

Billy,
Paypal sent! Thanks!

Russ

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

haveblue, could you PM me the specs on the power adapter for the charger please? I want to see if I can find a 220/240V equivalent that I can use it with. TIA.

cy

Flashaholic

havenblue, do you have any more of these chargers?

does this charger top the cell off at 4.2v?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Yes, I have more. I made a couple of chargers and I have the parts to make a couple more. But I have a limited amount of 14500 cells. More cells are due any day now.

I did have to bump up my mailing cost to $6. The box weighs a lot.

cy

Flashaholic

I've decided to go the $100 for a triton.

oldtimer

Enlightened

Hey cy. I've decided to take the plunge and get one too. Where are you getting yours and what price range is reasonable iyo? Thanks.