Don't take your flashlight to the club!

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don\'t take your flashlight to the club!

Of course I take my flashlight when I go out! I was at the Marilyn Manson show and the security was having a time finding people shooting off their tactical lights (one particularly gruff guy hassled me for shooting mine at the ceiling). It looks cool to be your own light show, but the club doesn't appreciate it, and besides, you're easy to find with all that light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Seriously though, with your light trained at the floor you can easily pass for security and waltz right into the restricted areas.
"Wow, the new guy sure has a bright light."

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Don\'t take your flashlight to the club!

Thats one thing that bothered me the most about nightclub security, in a crowded LA club if anything were to happen a flashlight would be very useful. I would love to bring in my SF L4, but then I know it will get confiscated and I probably won't see it again.

SpecialAgent

Newly Enlightened

they have to give it back. it's the LAW. Theft is a crime.esp. in California. Big ole bouncers go to jail just as fast as anyone else when they break the law. Dont be intimidated by these knuckdraggers.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Understood, but one time they gave me the run around for my Leatherman Micra that I forgot to take off my keychain. Saying ''Oh, the guy left already''

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think you'll have to give up your flashlight unless it can be considered a weapon. Like a 3d mag. A laser on the other hand would not be advised. It won't get taken at the door (no one will recognize it) but they will hunt you down if you use it inside.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
V8TOYTRUCK said:
Understood, but one time they gave me the run around for my Leatherman Micra that I forgot to take off my keychain. Saying ''Oh, the guy left already''

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a theft.

Folks, know your rights before you enter.
Ask if that person is a private citizen, or a law enforcement officer 1st.
If you get private citizen, or a vague sidestep answer,
Just tell him ;
"No, and please clear a path to the exit for me so I can get rid of this!"

Didn't work? then this.
"yes I said no, if you don't like it, call the police."
"I'll be gone before they get here, since I'm taking my business elsewhere now!"
"Please do not get yourself into trouble violating my rights!"

Folks, if your rights are violated, contact your attorney before going further.

And remember this;
To deprive someone of thier liberty and/or freedom of movement, by words and/or deeds = an arrest!
Once you are under citizens arrest, the arresting citizen cannot let you go until a law enforcement officer says it's ok to.
Otherwise it's a false imprisonment that your attorney may have a lot of fun with at someone elses expense. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Please be careful when going out, and pick your club carefully.

drchow

Newly Enlightened

I'd just show them my credentials and badge:) Love being honorary, you get everything the regulars get just for lecturing on tactical medicine once a year.