• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: PR and PR-T heads *sold*

Darell

Flashaholic
I have two heads for sale. One PR-T (left) and one PR (right) - shown here on E1e-BKs (SF parts are NOT available from me).

e1e-bk2.jpg

The PR head is driven at 400mA and sports an R2H. If you've had the chance to experience one of these R2H emitters, you know how impressive they are. Somewhat HID-like in color. This is an amazing head - especially if you want something with exceptional runtime that throws surprisingly far. $85 delivered for the head alone.

The PR-T head is driven at 500mA, and now also has an R2H emitter. $85 delievered for the head alone.

To these heads, we can add 1x123 Aleph bodies and tail switches (of any resistance you like - 15 Ohm works great) if you desire. They look just as good on the Aleph bodies as they do on the SF bodies.

And as usual, I can build up entire Alephs as well. Just say the word.

--------------

I dislike PM with a passion, but am thrilled with email.

Last edited:

Darell

Flashaholic
Re: FS: PR and PR-T heads

Joking. OK, prices reduced. AND I swapped the emitter in the PR head from an unknown bin to the much-coveted R2H. So now both heads have R2H, and one is 400mA, and the other is 500mA. The tint of the R2H is great, and at these drive levels, they are probably every bit as efficient as a T-bin Lux3. Maybe even more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

If you don't want to (or can't!) plunk down the cash for a built Aleph-1 head, this is the about 90% of the performance for just a bit over HALF the money. I can build you an entire light around these heads with Aleph parts, if you desire. These heads will work on the McLux body, Surefire E1 and E1e bodies, and of course the Aleph bodies.

AW

Newly Enlightened

I am interested in the PR-T head. Does it works on a VG FB1 body and R123?

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

Darell, correct me if I'm wrong, but R123's are not recommended. The R2H is one heck of a performer. They are my preferred emitter for a walking light and have excellent color rendition.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Beretta1526,

I believe you are correct on no good on R123. The R2H emitters are very efficient and they have a low Vf.

Man, these are good prices! I still have some PR-T heads to build out one of these days and I will continue to ask $125 for them. What you loose in the versatility of the LE you gain in the most efficient heat sink for the LED going! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

Guys - I'm getting to these in order. The PR-T head is sold, the PR head is likely also sold. Check your emails.

AW

Newly Enlightened

No email yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Re: FS: PR and PR-T heads *SOLD*

Andrew - an email response was dispatched almost two hours ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Anyway, the PR-T head is taken, and the PR head may also be sold, pending... well pending the clearing up of some confusion...

My answer to you was that the R123s should NOT be used with these heads, so my guess is that they aren't as interesting to you any longer?

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
AW said:
I 'll be glad to be the next-in-line.

[/ QUOTE ]
Andrew - you've got it. I should know by this evening on the PR 400mA head. (and then I'm leaving for the long weekend, so if nothing happens this evening - nothing will happen until next week!)

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
AW said:
Email send.

[/ QUOTE ]
Responded via new email account. Now this stuff is *really* sold.

AW

Newly Enlightened

Received my PR head today. Thanks!
I want to put some glow powder around the emitter, how to remove the LE from the head??

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
AW said:
Received my PR head today. Thanks!
I want to put some glow powder around the emitter, how to remove the LE from the head??

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad to hear it arrived... The LE is NOT removeable in a PR or PRT head, unfortunately. The bezel (meaning the part that retails the lens) can be removed by simply unscrewing the nose. then the lens and reflector should just fall right out - and you can access the emitter from the front. I believe that PR head has some Teflon tape around the threads to make them seat nicer (if you're wondering what the white tape is).