NewBeam and Lithiums?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can the NewBeam run safely on Lithiums? If so what is the runtime?

PS. Thank you Sunspot

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
What did I do? If you can't post it here, Email me. BTW, I don't take offence at most anything.
I'm sleepy and heading for the crib.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just thanking you for telling me how to delete this post from Buy/Sell I could not figure it out.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should run fine on lithiums, but why?

It is a fully regulated light, so it will not run brighter?

You could actually put your almost empty batteries in therer. Until the red led comes on, it is running at full brightness.

Brock

Flashaholic
It will run fine on lithiums. I haven't done a runtime test on it, but I would estimate just over 10 hours, NiMH (GP 1800) are about 9.5 hours and alkaline's run just over 9 hours. So other then weight and storage issues I wouldn't do it, but it would make a great emergency kit light.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why does the Arc LS run brighter on Lithiums but not the NewBeam? They are both regulated right?

Brock

Flashaholic
Sort of, the Newbeam is fully regulated, while the Arc is a step up with some regulation. So different batteries in the Arc mean more step up in voltage, while the Newbeam just regulates to a set level no matter what kind of battery is used. I think the new versions of the Arc LS might be fully regulated, (hopefully the Arc AAA too).

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the specified maximum input voltage to the Newbeam, if it's stated anywhere? I wasn't able to get the pdf spec sheet on their website to come up properly-

-Edit- Never mind; I got the gist of what I was looking for on the various other Newbeam topics-