Best Value Lux-III Flashlight?

DIYLite

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight 2L LED 3W Luxeon Task-Light :
Is this the best value Lux-III flashlight around? Where can I get the best buy from?
TIA!

Ratso

Enlightened
ElektroLumens makes good value Luxeon III lights. So does Nuwai. Streamlight will probably have several new Luxeon III models in the near future.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe the XM-3 will be a good value. Once I get mine, I'll give my opinion. Should arrive any day now. Maybe even today

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the 2L Lux III Task Light is a bit more than $30 though... I can't recall seeing one under $60.

Looking over my self-compiled from various reviews (mostly flashlightreviews.com and various comments elsewhere), the two most attractive III lights for me would be the 2L TaskLight and the Nuwai QIII. Just depends on what size you want. I'm sure I'll eventually have both, but I think I'd get the Nuwai first... just other priorities right now.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
DIYLite - the CPF answer is to 'get both', as the definition of best dependo sn situation.

Q-III: Compact, small, decent throw. However, it uses relatively expensive batteries (CR123), has only on-off functionality, and the quality of the light depends on what batch of LuxIII's they got that day, which means that your runtime can vary.

2L LuxIII Tasklight: Has fairly good throw, and two-stage functionality. However, it's a lot bigger than the Q-III, the lens has reportedly scratched easily (IIRC), and some people don't like the low-high-off switch. I've also not seen it for less than $60 so far.

Another thing you may want to look at is the ElektroLumens XM-3 already mentioned in this thread, or Waion's sale on the B/S/T Lights forum.

(Edit: Took out 'Uses relatively cheap batteries (AAs)' on the SL TT 2L, as I had looked up the specs and some reviews referencing the Streamlight Luxeon 3AA light).

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have a Discover card the Inova XO3 from Sharper Image can be had for $40 by ordering a $80 gift card through the discover website.

Harrkev

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
TORCH_BOY said:
They are good value at less than $30.00

[/ QUOTE ]

Where???

BrightBuy lists them for almost $70. And they usually have pretty good prices. $30 sound like the "fell off of a truck" price.

Tentou

Newly Enlightened
Inova X03 is good for runtime and quality, but no one can beat the QIII for unobtrusive EDC.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
The Gerber LX 3.0 is awsome and runs off 3 AA's and is only slightly longer than a Mini mag.

Brooks

Newly Enlightened
I think the Electro Lumens XM-3 looks like the best value. http://elektrolumens.com/XM-3/XM-3.html
Uses AA's and is regulated plus it is getting good consumer reviews. I have one on order. There is also a NL-2AA-3W light that can be ordered in the B/S/T from Waion which appears to be the same light under a different name.

Flashlight Enthusiast
One vote for the XM-3.

Got mine today (three samples), and this little light is impressive so far. Best tail cap switch Elektrolumens offers, very good tints, good beam quality (best beam quality of any Elektrolumens light), relatively good brightness, good fit, average finish. All for just $39.

Even when it goes up to $49, it will be a good solid value light.

For my full opinion, I posted at Elektrolumens forum:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=747146&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1