SureFire C3???

DaGeek

Enlightened
Hey what do you guys think of the surefire C3 Centurion?? Is it worth the 125bucks?

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes! Great light, very powerful for its size.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Mine is not for sale, I think its a keeper.I would have stated the same thing about my Z3.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Increase of 80 lumens compared to?

But I can definitely say that you will notice an increase of 80 lumens, that's quite a lot of light. I'll add my recommendation to the C3, my favorite incan EDC (Project C2-90) is based around the same engine as the C3 - the P90 lamp, with a slightly different power configuration. The C3 uses 3 x CR123 non-rechargeable cells, I use 2 x R123 rechargeable lithium ion cells for the same awesome power in a smaller light.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
You wouldn't get more throw as they are using the same reflector but you would notice a wall of light that is much brigther than the P61.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
The C3 is a very nice light. I would recommend it. The C3 is also compatible with a pair of rechargable Pila 150s batteries.

CQB

Enlightened
the SF C3 BK was my very first SF light. I always get a little misty eyed when I think about how I felt when I brought that beautiful piece of kit home for the first time, heheh. =)

TOPPER: I always wondered about the TurboHead. Do you or anyone else have beamshots handy to compare the regular P90 vs the N2 + TurboHead...?

I know the throw should be KILLER! But is the spill of the TurbHead really diminished vs that of the P90?

Tks!
CQB

Topper

Flashaholic*
I still have plenty of spill for me. Up close you just have a tighter spot the spill is still there. You should try one.
I am unable to provide beam shots it is beyond me, sorry about that.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking into getting an M3, but if the C3 shows up somewhere on sale, I'll jump right on it....

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Surefiregeek said:
Hey does the turbohead make a big difference in the beam tightness?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!!!!!!!

lenny

Newly Enlightened
I've got a C3 with the P91 lamp.
All I have to say about it is WOW!
Great throw, tight beam with decent sidespill.
I can clearly pick out the smallest details of treetops about 100 yds away.
Lenny

Flashdark

Enlightened
lenny,

Word for word, I agree completely. 100 yds. seems to be about the maximum "effective" range, even though it will illuminate things to a greater distance. Have you tried the FM34 beamshaper filter on yours? WOW!, It out-performs the L4 on floodlight by about 10-20% (albeit with a slightly yellow cast from the incandescent). My favorite all-around Surefire for "cheap, small, light-weight, power, flood/distance, one light only". C3/P91/FM34

tracker870

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Surefiregeek said:
Hey what do you guys think of the surefire C3 Centurion?? Is it worth the 125bucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and watch the B/S/T for it, and you may find it for $105-$110. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif