Photon Freedom (White) Defect?

N

NoNameFace

Question ... any of you guys have any problems with your photon freedoms? I just finished posting on another forum on how great these little babies are now that I have sold all my ARC's. I go to press the button this morning and all I got was dim light coming out (Like when you put the light in dim mode). I put it through the light cycles, even after taking out the batteries and putting back in ... still dim. I have had it for less than a month and only use it maybe every other day to open a door at night. Normal? I know Photons Customer Service is A+++ but is this a defect? I have three more (white) and (1) Red ... not sure now if I should have these as my EDC's. Thanks!

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you try fresh batteries? It can come on in your pocket and drain the batteries if you don't put it into momentary mode.

N

NoNameFace

It might have come on and I was unaware of it, but man if it wasn't super sneaky doing it. How again do you put it into momentary mode again?

I know photons are ultra bright the first 10 minutes of runtime ... then they fade off to a not so bright state, could this be what I am seeing? I mean the not so bright state I have in this situation would be like what a brand new one would look like at its dimmest setting. Thanks!

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had mine for a month+ now with no problems to date! In just ahout all manufactoring processes there's a bug unit that will come how make it through QC.

chiphead

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
NoNameFace said:
It might have come on and I was unaware of it, but man if it wasn't super sneaky doing it. How again do you put it into momentary mode again?

I know photons are ultra bright the first 10 minutes of runtime ... then they fade off to a not so bright state, could this be what I am seeing? I mean the not so bright state I have in this situation would be like what a brand new one would look like at its dimmest setting. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

To put it into momentary mode, press it on and off a few times. It's in momentary mode when the LED starts synchronizing with your button presses. To get it back to normal, hold it on for about 3 seconds.

The photons do dim after a few minutes, but they shouldn't dim to the level of the lowest setting on the freedom with fresh batteries. That's really dim.