Halo2

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
It comes out tomorrow, and many people believe its the sequel to the best game of all time. Are you planing to play it? I know I am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Frangible

Enlightened
I will, but I didn't think Halo was that great. It was ok, it was fun, but I don't understand the hype. The level design was extremely repetitive and I've played many better FPS's.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saving my limited amount of pennies for Halflife2 which comes out what, maybe next Tuesday? I sure hope it will play ok on my P4 2.26G with GeforceTI4200 video card as that is the configuration my system will remain at for some time yet.

Doom3 was the biggest disappointment to me this year.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I'm sure the newest Nvidia Geforce 6800 or ATI Radeon X800 at about four hundred dollars each will be suitable unless your processor is a real dog. I'm more concerned with what video card/processor will be adequate to play the game. My Nvidia Geforce TI4200/P4 2.26G did not do a good job with doom 3. I've read Half life 2 might be more tolerant to less then cutting edge graphic cards and processors. I sure hope that's true.

stockwiz

Enlightened
I'm waiting on Half Life 2 myself. I have an ATI Radeon 9500 non pro card successfully unlocked with software mods to run at the speed of a 9700.... with a 2.4 GHZ pentium 4 running at 2.7.

I too thought Doom 3 was a disappointment...

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 3 ghz p4 with a half gig of 533 mhz rambuss memory and a geforce 5950 ultra with 256 mb memory

it is not state of the art but I should be able to play half life 2