• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD 14500 Li-ion chargers, battery status, 4 home

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD

I've just put together one more homebrew 14500 rechargeable Li-ion, home battery chargers with cell status indicators and it is for sale.

14500 cells are the size of a single AA-sized battery but run at a higher voltage of 3.6-volts. I like to use the cells in lights that normally take 1AA alkaline batteries or NiMH cells like a MicroMag or a Dorcy 1AA LED light. With these 14500 cells the lights will have more "kick" than the stock lights and standard batteries. You can also use the cells with a dummy cell on a 2AA light. Let your imagination roam and you can find other ways to use the 14500 cells.

Each charger with LCD cell status display is enclosed in its original charger case. The electronics are fully enclosed with the exception of the two AA battery holders on the bottom. For safety I've mounted the AA-sized battery holders on the bottom of the charger. In the highly unlikely event the batteries should vent then they will do it downward and not into someone's face.

These are smart chargers I've put together and tested. Each charger recharges one or two cells at a time in a parallel circuit so both cells are charged the same full voltage. Each charger has an LCD cell indicator that tells if a cell is in the charger. The chargers also blink the cell charging status then shows a solid indicator to show when the charge is complete. After the cell is fully charged the chargers automatically switch to trickle mode to keep the cells topped off. The unit is fuse protected. The charger also has reverse cell charging protection. How do I know? On one of the chargers I accidentally wired it backwards and when I went to test the charger with the cell there was no poof from the cell but just an indication the cell was not charging. Don't worry…I rewired the charger and it works properly now. Charging the cells couldn't be easier.

Take a look. There aren't many 14500 cell chargers for the home around.

Price is $27 plus shipping. The package is 18oz. and mailing in the U.S. is $6 priority shipping. I know I bumped the shipping cost up $2 but I just found out that I've been "shooting myself in the foot" on the shipping cost and the post office is laughing at me for undercharging shipping.

If you want up to two 14500 cell with 850mAh output and a soldered top it would cost an extra $9 each. No more than two cells please so I can share the cells and chargers with other cpfers.

The first one to say "I'll take it!" on this thread with a follow up PM to me gets the 14500 Li-ion smart cell charger with LCD display.

14500_charger_to_cpf.jpg

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 14500 Li-ion chargers, battery status, 4 home

Everything is still available.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here is a nice spec sheet about 14500 cells. You'll see the charger fits within all the specs for the cells.

14500 CELL SPECS.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pls. let me know if you ever have one with a 110-220V/120-240V wall wart/adapter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

what is the cutoff voltage of the charger 3.6 or 4.2?

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

The cutoff voltage of the charger is 4.11 to 4.13-volts.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it if it's still available.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
dat2zip said:
I'll take it if it's still available.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You got it. PM sent.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

dat2zip- another PM sent-for second inquiry.