What good (but cheap) lights for Xmas presents?

john_bud

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Last year I gave co-workers Streamlight TT-1L's at Christmas. This year, family wants to get some "Good Flashlights!" as they heard about them. But, what are the current offerings in the $20 to $25 range? Advice and direction is needed!

Thanks,
John Bud

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: What good (but cheap) lights for Xmas presents

one decent all around useful light is the UK4AA eled fits right in that range there are probably multiple LED lights and xenon lights also in that area depending on what you are looking for. You could even buy something outrageous like a 25.00 rayovac 8D 18Watt flourescent lantern from walmart for just under 25.00 and there are many headlamp offerings in the 12-20.00 range.. You can either get everyone the same thing or get all sorts of differing lights spread out between them.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

Agreed on the Uke 4AA eleds. You can also check out the 2AAA eLeds ($11-$12) or Xenon models (even cheaper) for kids and such... Gerber Infinity Ultras are also great buys and gifts at around $15 or so.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Quite a few places are running close-out specials on the multi-mode PALights (the Survivor, eLights, One-Stars, Workman) for about $15 or less. See theLEDlight.com or lightandflight.com (free shipping in the US for lightandflight), for example. They're definitely good for some jollies for friends over the holidays. My green LED eLight is a real little light-saber, and I couldn't resist ordering a blue LED Survivor today. The red LED one is also very bright, but my white one seems to be the dimmest of the bunch.
I put a little strip of Scotch satin tape over the lens to smooth out the beam in the ones with colored LEDs (works great).

capnal

Enlightened

Yeah, another vote for Inova X1. Very pocketable, very high cool factor for those who do not already own 50+ lights.
Often can be purchased for less than $20 bucks, too,

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Inova0 is a beautiful flashlight. You might wanna look into that one.

-tom

DavidR

Newly Enlightened

What about a Peak LED Matterhorn. These are great lights. They also have a few "Discount Items" that are pretty cheap.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm kinda partial to the Ceemore lights.

ceemore_green_back_600pixels.jpg

L

LITEmania

Combo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Goods_detail_VTNL-3H2A_15~_combo.jpg

selling here