Streamlight Strion what's the word?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight Strion what\'s the word?

I have been looking for another rechargeable incan, love my 13 yr old magcharger but want something small but bright.
this look's pretty cool. what's the CPF'er's opinion's on it? really like the size and shape. how is throw, and how "less" bright is it then a MC?
any issue's as a stock light?(don't want to mod it unless it's super simple, and really helps)
just seem's like a cool small bright incan for general home take a walk type light. VDG

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Streamlight Strion what\'s the word?

While the strion is very nice and is priced right The PILA GL3R is about the same size and is way brighter. Of course it does cost more.

TimB

Newly Enlightened

I bought my wife a Strion to use at work and she's very happy with it.

-Tim

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Guys, the Strion is a great light, that can be had for a decent price. Value for the dollar, and lithiuum ion too. Decent run time, higher light output than SureFire p60 bulb, and bulbs are cheaper, and an extra one comes free. Probably modable to lux III, and battery charges in light. Rides next to my VIP on my belt.

Bill

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sound's perfect! just exactly what i wanted as far as throw/brightness. seeing it next to a E2 surprised me, it's even smaller then i thought. (i use my E2d as a barometer for size,, it was WAY smaller then I expected when it arrived.) so my thank's to all. I will got to pila and look, but i feel better with SL since they has a a good rep and a local dealer. VDG

soloco

Enlightened

Anyone know if there is an LED Strion in the works? I think THAT would be the perfect light!

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

The GL3 is quite a bit larger than the Strion.

It's a good light.

That's it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-dan

Krit

Enlightened

My Sterion is make very good throw compare to Surefire E2 and A2. But in 10 meters long the Surefire make more good side spill for explore area.

Hoya

Newly Enlightened

Is the battery replaceble? i mean afetr years of usage, I am sure the battery will wear our in no time, so can I just get a replacement in a form of accessories or saomething?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Check some the dealers that have banners on CPF. Check Streamlight web site for stores and/or warranty stores.

Bill

FlaRe

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Hoya said:
Is the battery replaceble? i mean afetr years of usage, I am sure the battery will wear our in no time, so can I just get a replacement in a form of accessories or saomething?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can buy a replacement li-ion battery for the strion.

str74175.jpg

HesNot

Enlightened

I've been very pleased with my Strion. The li-ion battery charges quickly and holds a charge in my experience for around 2 hours of very bright light. Takes only around 2.5 hours to charge fully. I sold my E2e after buying the Strion - the beam isn't quite as "perfect" as the Surefire but at around the same price I use it a lot more since it is rechargeable and to my eye it is slighly brighter than the E2e. A very tight hotspot when focused and usable sidespill in a really compact package.

FlaRe

Newly Enlightened

2 Hours continuous use?

Are you using the batteries that came with the package or have you had it replaced?

Mine runs an hour and a few minutes only. Same batteries as posted above.